Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Starting 5

Default Re: Starting 5

sorry mr roadwarrior, (great name by the way) I assumed that mike felt started.
    Standing Rock, at least im not in minnewaukan

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    I think Felt has provided a little spark (and a ton of 3's) off the bench this year!
    Not as hot tonight though...but thats the ups and downs of being a 3pt shooter.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post
    Not as hot tonight though...but thats the ups and downs of being a 3pt shooter.
    what did you play with tonight?
    TRUST THE PROCESS

LA
    Braun
    Tray
    Marshall
    Aaberg

Go big or go home

Quote Originally Posted by SoundsLikeSamhumann View Post
    LA
    Braun
    Tray
    Marshall
    Aaberg

Go big or go home
    Makes the Bison very easy to defend, Marshall and Jordan shouldn't be on the floor at the same time too often.

Kermit is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by SirHinn View Post
    Makes the Bison very easy to defend, Marshall and Jordan shouldn't be on the floor at the same time too often.
    I agree with your conclusion, but against many opponents, the bigger problem would be on the defensive end. Teams would run a 4-out/1-in motion offense or a dribble drive offense forcing one of our bigs to defend on the perimeter. The other tactic would be to have the offensive players being guarded by our bigs set a lot of ball screens in an effort to get them to switch onto a guard. In either case, we would be vulnerable to quicker players who could drive on the big guys. Even teams like Duke and North Carolina have struggled with that scenario to some extent this season.

Two bigs can create lots of problems on the offensive end, especially if they can pass the ball and if at least one of them can step out and hit jump shots, or "pick and pop." Unfortunately, Bjorklund is strictly a low post and Aaberg is very limited on the offensive end of the court.

I think the Bison will be a more versatile team next season when Chris Kading starts to play. I think he is athletic enough to defend at the 4 spot and he is showing signs of being able to shoot well enough to play outside of the paint on offense.
    "Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."
    — John Wooden

Has anyone seen the size of Kading's calves compared to the rest of the team? Good greif, that kid is man!!!!

Kermit is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HandoEX View Post
    Has anyone seen the size of Kading's calves compared to the rest of the team? Good greif, that kid is man!!!!
    I really think that Kading could be the power forward that we haven't had.
    "Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."
    — John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by standingrockbison View Post
    sorry mr roadwarrior, (great name by the way) I assumed that mike felt started.
    You were warned. PM me your contact info, please, or you sig is in for a change. I've about had it with Lakesbison and all his freaking alts. I'm suspending new account registration immediately.

Edit: Actually, you may have never seen the warning. You might want to read this post:

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...196#post566196

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    ZERO chance he starts this year. ZERO chance that Tray gets benched in his favor. He must learn to fit into a new role, pass the ball, and make an easy open jumper instead of doing the same move the entire league has seen 428 times on film. If he can do that, he will have a solid role giving us added depth off the bench.
    Any idea if the Bison are keeping the same starting lineup from the other night this week? LA, Lundberg, Taylor Braun, Carlson, Bjorkland?

PS - I know there was no reason to quote Burgundy's old post to ask this question, but it's always fun to look back at guarantees gone wrong!