Thread: NDSU energy reduction project

Default NDSU energy reduction project

The overall project is anticipated to cost just under $11 million and will affect 63 buildings. The resulting utility savings will be substantial, allowing the project to pay for itself during the next 15 years, according to Michael Ellingson, director of NDSU facility management.
    http://www.ndsu.edu/news/view/article/11820/

This one really surprises me!

Buildings with envelope air leakage improvements:
    Administration (Old Main), Ag and Biosystems Engineering, Animal Nutrition and Physiology Center, Architecture and Landscape Architecture, Askanase Hall, Auxiliary Enterprises, Bentson/Bunker Fieldhouse, Bison Court E, Bison Sports Arena, Burgum Hall, Ceres Hall, Churchill Hall, C.I. Nelson Building, Civil Industrial Engineering, Construction Management, Criminal Justice and Public Policy, Dacotah Field, Dinan Hall, Dolve Hall, E. Morrow Lebedeff Hall, Ehly Hall, Electrical and Computer Engineering, Engineering and Technology, Engineering Center, Graduate Center, Harris Hall, Hastings Hall, Heating Plant, Hultz Hall, IACC, Johnson Hall, Ladd Hall, Loftsgard Hall, Lord-Burnham Greenhouses, Katherine Kilbourne Burgum (KKB) Family Life Center, Memorial Union, Morrill Hall, Music Education Building, North Weible Hall, Northern Crops Institute, Pavek Hall, Potato Research, Putnum Hall, Reed Hall, Robinson Hall, Residence Dining Center, Residence Life Facility Services, Seim Hall, Service Center Pilot Plant, Sevrinson Hall, Shepperd Arena, South Engineering, South Weible Hall, Stevens Hall and Auditorium, Stockbridge Hall, Sudro Hall, Sugar Beet Research, Thompson Hall, Thorson Maintenance Center, Van Es Hall, Waldron Hall, Walster Hall, West Dining Center and Wiidakas Lab.

533 In a row

Default Re: NDSU energy reduction project

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    http://www.ndsu.edu/news/view/article/11820/

This one really surprises me!
    Hehe, the BSA? Yeah, its heat signature is probably puzzling astronomers in other galaxies.

That's a whole lot of work that's going to be done on campus throughout the year....63 buildings... yowserz...

but hey, we've got to find ways to be more efficient as the state continues to underfund us and will continue doing so well into the future...

duluthbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The one that really surprises me is this:

Buildings with envelope air leakage improvements:
    Administration (Old Main), Ag and Biosystems Engineering, Animal Nutrition and Physiology Center, Architecture and Landscape Architecture, Askanase Hall, Auxiliary Enterprises, Bentson/Bunker Fieldhouse, Bison Court E, Bison Sports Arena, Burgum Hall, Ceres Hall, Churchill Hall, C.I. Nelson Building, Civil Industrial Engineering, Construction Management, Criminal Justice and Public Policy, Dacotah Field, Dinan Hall, Dolve Hall, E. Morrow Lebedeff Hall, Ehly Hall, Electrical and Computer Engineering, Engineering and Technology, Engineering Center, Graduate Center, Harris Hall, Hastings Hall, Heating Plant, Hultz Hall, IACC, Johnson Hall, Ladd Hall, Loftsgard Hall, Lord-Burnham Greenhouses, Katherine Kilbourne Burgum (KKB) Family Life Center, Memorial Union, Morrill Hall, Music Education Building, North Weible Hall, Northern Crops Institute, Pavek Hall, Potato Research, Putnum Hall, Reed Hall, Robinson Hall, Residence Dining Center, Residence Life Facility Services, Seim Hall, Service Center Pilot Plant, Sevrinson Hall, Shepperd Arena, South Engineering, South Weible Hall, Stevens Hall and Auditorium, Stockbridge Hall, Sudro Hall, Sugar Beet Research, Thompson Hall, Thorson Maintenance Center, Van Es Hall, Waldron Hall, Walster Hall, West Dining Center and Wiidakas Lab.
    Guess it would seem that they aren't tearing it down any time soon.
    North Dakota State Bison | 16 Time National Champions:
    1965, 1968, 1969, 1983, 1985, 1986, 1988, 1990, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019

Proud NDSU Alumnus | Class of 2011

North Side is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The IAAC doors are always cracked open during the winter I think its due to the air pressure inside the building... I wonder why they never fix it, unless its actually affective is blowing the cold air back? Also there are tons of buildings with only single pain glass which isn't very efficient and of course Ladd hall windows are down right drafty.

Minard 212 I believe was terrible before the giant hole in the wall. I haven't been in it since.
    National Champions: '65 '68 '69 '83 '85 '86 '88 '90 '11 '12 '13 '14 '15 '17 '18 '19 '21

duluthbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by North Side View Post
    The IAAC doors are always cracked open during the winter I think its due to the air pressure inside the building... I wonder why they never fix it, unless its actually affective is blowing the cold air back? Also there are tons of buildings with only single pain glass which isn't very efficient and of course Ladd hall windows are down right drafty.
    The IACC has positive air pressure inside due to the DNA and Crime Labs and what ever else the government is doing up there on the 3rd and 4th floors.

Not sure why they can't keep the doors closed though.
    North Dakota State Bison | 16 Time National Champions:
    1965, 1968, 1969, 1983, 1985, 1986, 1988, 1990, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019

Proud NDSU Alumnus | Class of 2011