Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Minneapolis Roads

Default Minneapolis Roads

Just a heads up for anyone thinking about talking a trip to the twin cities... the roads down there are horrible. I think I need to replace my shocks, struts and wheel rims after 3 days down there for the weekend. I almost feel sorry for Minny as their state is completely broke and their infrastructure is completely falling apart (other than the new 35W/62Mn interchange/freeways).

Default Re: Minneapolis Roads

Quote Originally Posted by phpguru View Post
    Just a heads up for anyone thinking about talking a trip to the twin cities... the roads down there are horrible. I think I need to replace my shocks, struts and wheel rims after 3 days down there for the weekend. I almost feel sorry for Minny as their state is completely broke and their infrastructure is completely falling apart (other than the new 35W/62Mn interchange/freeways).

Couldn't agree more. It's terrible here.

on an additional note... while sitting on an off ramp in St. Paul, my vehicle was approached by a transient who had the balls to ask me for money while smoking a cigarette... I just gave him a look and drove off.

Quote Originally Posted by phpguru View Post

Agreed, they were horrendous a few weeks ago when I went to a Twins game. I hit some crazy potholes while driving on the interstate near downtown.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Agreed, they were horrendous a few weeks ago when I went to a Twins game. I hit some crazy potholes while driving on the interstate near downtown.
    it's awful...2 years ago I was down there for the 1st weekend of march madness. Well on my way home after that was going up a bridge outside of the cities heading back to Fargo, I hit a pot hole ruined both tires on the driver side and did a few other things, $1200 damage and filled out some papers sent it into the state and they said they couldn't help because they didn't need anything informing about the potholes because it wasn't 24 hrs since it was first reported even though I was the 5th car it happened to in a matter of a couple hrs.
    "We All From Africa"

As a side story, I hit a ladder on 494 about 6 years ago when it was under construction. I looked up and it was across my lane and traffic next to me and no shoulder...barely even had time to see it. That was fun.
    Last edited by EndZoneQB; 05-30-2011 at 03:40 PM.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    As a side story, I hit a latter on 494 about 6 years ago when it was under construction. I looked up (FROM TEXTING!!!!????) and it was across my lane and traffic next to me and no shoulder...barely even had time to see it. That was fun.
    Just f**kin' with ya.
    BTW: Once on 694 I hit a former. Sorry, just f**kin' with you again. Please neg rep me so I'll stop being such an asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post
    Just f**kin' with ya.
    BTW: Once on 694 I hit a former. Sorry, just f**kin' with you again. Please neg rep me so I'll stop being such an asshole.
    Lol. Good point, that sounded bad. It was more like it came into view after the car in front of me hit it lol

How the hell did I misspell that? I'm embarrassed lol I obviously needed to get off the sauce and go to bed.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Minneapolis roads are bad in a lot of places, but it really depends on what street/road you're driving on. Driving in mpls does make one feel thankful for the brand-new smooth six-lane arteries all around South Fargo. Now Ontario roads are the worst I've ever encountered. I've encountered some of the NASTIEST potholes I've ever felt while on the bus around the city. These things literally earthquake up an entire city bus. And it's not just a rumble. When the bus is going over it, you hear the bus frame make solid contact with the pothole rim, like BANG!!! It's terrible.

I'm told by people that Quebec roads are even worse. I will never have a reason to trapise into that godforsaken province, so I really don't care about that.
    "Jfufhr dhuis msdjdi asdj."
    - Lou Holtz

Hambone is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Y'all should try to take some of the roads in India during rainy season. They don't fix anything until rainy season is over, so it just gets worse and worse. Over the course of the two weeks I was there some areas went from the biggest potholes I'd seen to being able to swallow a small car......

So, it's not so bad down here compared to that, although I do hate some of the roads down here......
    University of North Dakota *THIS SPACE FOR RENT*