Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Lindy's and Sporting News Preseason Top 25 rankings

Default Re: Lindy's and Sporting News Preseason Top 25 rankings

Wasn't it Boothby from UNI that was living in our backfield. The score did not reflect the actual game. Would have been interesting if we played that game later in the year though.

Quote Originally Posted by steelbison View Post
    16-9 really? Did we get out played? we did, but we still had the ball with a chance to tie in the 4th quarter.

I would argue 20-6 was the ass whuppin, but that's just me. Plus beating you two out of three meetings since we joined the valley(this year will make three of four) is what I would concern myself with.

But again..that's just me...
    Cool! We'll trade places and I'll argue Bison-style:

We dominated the trenches and we dominated the clock. Four TOs and three FR DBs getting their feet wet too early were the difference. We were the more physical team up front on both sides of the ball. We beat the stuffing out of them. The top rated defense in the MVC has held you to two offensive TDs in the past two seasons. You won ugly all season and had dumb luck when you needed it, and it caught up with you in the playoff in spite of a gift first round home game to the last team in. In 2007 we were the best football team ever and rated #1, somewhere...

Thank you, thank you vury mush...........channeling my inner lakes.......
    subvert the dominant paradigm[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    Wasn't it Boothby from UNI that was living in our backfield. The score did not reflect the actual game. Would have been interesting if we played that game later in the year though.
    He spent a lot of time in our backfield and we have an AA playing C.

That kid is a stud.
    subvert the dominant paradigm[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by TheBisonator View Post
    As I recall with that UNI game, we had a potential game-tying TD pass ruled back due to holding.

Hardly a "booty whuppin".
    You recall incorrectly.

i think it was offensive pass interference, which was total b.s.

we had a chance to tie it in the end but UNI man-handled us the whole game. that game helped our team a lot, really showed our weaknesses which we adjusted to

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    i think it was offensive pass interference, which was total b.s.
    It was OPI--but not a bullshit call. Our WR clearly pushed DB in back to get seperation right when the ball was about to arrive. Good call, and it resulted in the outcome that it should have--an NDSU loss.

Don't get pissed at me for tellin the truth now--don't kill the messenger!!!!!!
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by houndawg View Post
    He spent a lot of time in our backfield and we have an AA playing C.

That kid is a stud.
    Uni was the superior team early in the year. We peaked later. Had we played later it would have been a good game. Different qb, oline, and the defense was red hot. I think your new QB caught us off guard. He ran stuff we have never seen. It felt like they prepared for the other guy. Why do I think this? Its the first time in years we didn't defer on the coin toss. It was also your 1st game of the year so it's tougher to prepare. No film especially with the qb. Bohl was outcoached but we adjusted too late.
    Last edited by HerdBot; 06-20-2011 at 08:40 PM.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    Uni was the superior team early in the year. We peaked later. Had we played later it would have been a good game. Different qb, oline, and the defense was red hot. I think your new QB caught us off guard. He ran stuff we have never seen. It felt like they prepared for the other guy. Why do I think this? Its the first time in years we didn't defer on the coin toss. It was also your 1st game of the year so it's tougher to prepare. No film especially with the qb. Bohl was outcoached but we adjusted too late.
    He is an SIU fan.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    It was OPI--but not a bullshit call. Our WR clearly pushed DB in back to get seperation right when the ball was about to arrive. Good call, and it resulted in the outcome that it should have--an NDSU loss.

Don't get pissed at me for tellin the truth now--don't kill the messenger!!!!!!
    dont remember, wasnt there a lot of shoving going on?