Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lindy's and Sporting News Preseason Top 25 rankings

Default Lindy's and Sporting News Preseason Top 25 rankings

I'd put the Sporting News ranking up on the old bulletin board in the Fargodome locker room...

Lindy's
    1. App St
    2. EWU
    3. Ga Sou
    4. Delaware
    5. Montana St
    6. W&M
    7. UNI
    8. UNH
    9. Wofford
    10. Villanova
    11. Jacksonville St
    12. Lehigh
    13. Montana
    14. NDSU
    15. SFA
    16. SEMO
    17. SC St
    18. Bethune-Cookman
    19. JMU
    20. Penn
    21. McNeese St
    22. Richmond
    23. Colgate
    24. Grambling St
    25. Liberty

Sporting News
    1. EWU
    2. W&M
    3. App St
    4. UNI
    5. Montana St
    6. Ga Sou
    7. Delaware
    8. Montana
    9. UCA
    10. Wofford
    11. UNH
    12. SIU
    13. McNeese St
    14. Murray St
    15. WIU
    16. Southern Utah
    17. Richmond
    18. SFA
    19. JSU
    20. Liberty
    21. UTC
    22. Lehigh
    23. Bethune-Cookman
    24. Penn
    25. UC Davis

Default Re: Lindy's and Sporting News Preseason Top 25 rankings

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    I'd put the Sporting News ranking up on the old bulletin board in the Fargodome locker room...

Lindy's
    1. App St
    2. EWU
    3. Ga Sou
    4. Delaware
    5. Montana St
    6. W&M
    7. UNI
    8. UNH
    9. Wofford
    10. Villanova
    11. Jacksonville St
    12. Lehigh
    13. Montana
    14. NDSU
    15. SFA
    16. SEMO
    17. SC St
    18. Bethune-Cookman
    19. JMU
    20. Penn
    21. McNeese St
    22. Richmond
    23. Colgate
    24. Grambling St
    25. Liberty

Sporting News
    1. EWU
    2. W&M
    3. App St
    4. UNI
    5. Montana St
    6. Ga Sou
    7. Delaware
    8. Montana
    9. UCA
    10. Wofford
    11. UNH
    12. SIU
    13. McNeese St
    14. Murray St
    15. WIU
    16. Southern Utah
    17. Richmond
    18. SFA
    19. JSU
    20. Liberty
    21. UTC
    22. Lehigh
    23. Bethune-Cookman
    24. Penn
    25. UC Davis
    Lmfao..............
    National Champions: '65 '68 '69 '83 '85 '86 '88 '90 '11 '12 '13 '14 '15 '17 '18 '19 '21

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post

Lindy's
    1. App St
    2. EWU
    3. Ga Sou
    4. Delaware
    5. Montana St
    6. W&M
    7. UNI
    8. UNH
    9. Wofford
    10. Villanova
    11. Jacksonville St
    12. Lehigh
    13. Montana
    14. NDSU
    15. SFA
    16. SEMO
    17. SC St
    18. Bethune-Cookman
    19. JMU
    20. Penn
    21. McNeese St
    22. Richmond
    23. Colgate
    24. Grambling St
    25. Liberty

Sporting News
    1. EWU
    2. W&M
    3. App St
    4. UNI
    5. Montana St
    6. Ga Sou
    7. Delaware
    8. Montana
    9. UCA
    10. Wofford
    11. UNH
    12. SIU
    13. McNeese St
    14. Murray St
    15. WIU
    16. Southern Utah
    17. Richmond
    18. SFA
    19. JSU
    20. Liberty
    21. UTC
    22. Lehigh
    23. Bethune-Cookman
    24. Penn
    25. UC Davis
    This is the most idiotic poll I have ever seen. How can the Sporting News make us unranked? We went to the Elite 8, almost beat the National Champions, beat a Big 12 team... oh and we did it with 7 freshmen who played very well and we only lost a few key players. I want what these guys are smokin.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

They also ranked Murray State 14th, they were 5-6 last year. WIU is 15th and they lost their best player on both offense and defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Twentysix View Post
    Lmfao..............

Better underline UNi they got beat by Lehigh
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

I filled out a "contact us" form and said there was a misprint on the FCS poll by not including NDSU and ranking SIU #12. little sarcasm. Here is the link http://aol.sportingnews.com/customer-service/feedback

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    Better underline UNi they got beat by Lehigh
    Yeah UNI at 4 is ridiculous. The ones i underlined could arugably be unranked. UNI at 4 is probably the same crazy as SIU at 12.

@Ndsustudent I didnt even rank WIU in my top 25 on ags.. I did rank SIU but not even close to 12.....

Liberty is probably fair in the 20's. They werent great imo, lost all of there games against decent opponents they had 6 blow out wins against cupcakes(an in conference cup cake is still a cup cake..isnt it?)... and beat ball st (who was 3-7 against FBS(one of those wins is against horrendous Akron 1-11) and 1-1 against FCS).....The more I look into the MAC the more I realize how hard UMass is going to dominate that conference in football.. No wonder were 2-0 against them.. Gene should offer one of the MAC schools 100k to come to fargo for a 1 and 1.

Northern illinois beats UND(A team that was bad by sioux standards...) by 6 at home 23-17.

Scores against other MAC teams @Akron 50-14 Buffalo 45-14 Central Mich 33-7 Toledo 65-30 @Ball St 59-21 @E. Mich 71-3. Wow.......
    Last edited by Twentysix; 05-28-2011 at 05:32 AM.
    National Champions: '65 '68 '69 '83 '85 '86 '88 '90 '11 '12 '13 '14 '15 '17 '18 '19 '21

i would like to see your argument on how uni at 4 is ridiculous. speaking of ridiculous, us not being in the sporting news top 25 is ridiculous. it's a crap shoot, but they clearly have not done their research

Quote Originally Posted by ming01 View Post
    i would like to see your argument on how uni at 4 is ridiculous. speaking of ridiculous, us not being in the sporting news top 25 is ridiculous. it's a crap shoot, but they clearly have not done their research
    I dont feel UNI is a bad team, they made my top 10. I dont think their a top 4 team though. I also dont think NDSU is a top 4 team.

Uni is ranked 4-6 slots to high in that poll. SIU is ranked 10-13 slots to high. 4 to 8/10 and 12 to 22-25+.

When you get up towards the top each slots means more, to me anwyays. I.e. if NDSU moves from 18 to 17 its not that big of a deal 17 to 19 not that big of a deal. If they move from 5th to 4th or 4th to 6th its a bigger deal, atleast to me.

Mostly because rennie is going to injure something he runs on before october.

I do think SFA will retain there inflated rank until the UNI game and UNI will beat SFA vaulting their position in the "other polls". Ive seen SFA listed between 10-18 in various polls. From what i remeber of the other jacks Moses was a HUGE contributor, and i think they will stumble without him.

In counter why do you think UNI is the 4th best team in the FCS nation at this point :S?

Relavant numbers from my AGS poll.

#1 W&M Solid team, front runner in alot of eastern based voters polls.
    #2 GStrnU Good team, they run a hard to defend offense. Talented group on D, but GSU's success is going to come from consistently running there wacky offense.
    #5 NDSU Probably a few votes to high, but I think we could beat MSU again this year.
    #6 MontSU Probably to high but i think there QB is improved next year as he will be a jr.
    #7 EWU I think they will be good, but i dont think they will be a NC contender again. Jones was a big part of getting them to where they were, even if he didnt contribute in the end.
    #8 UNIowa <-- UNI will be a solid team again. I dont think Rennie's accuracy improves at all over the offseason. If he gets hurt UNI could fall out of the polls entirely or drop to the highteens to 20's.
    #15 SDSU I dont think the jacks stay down. Although i threw them a bone at 15, I see them as a potential playoff team this year. UNI/SIU at home is a HUGE contributor to that Jacks go atleast 1-1 against this duo.
    #20 InSU Another bone, but if the sycs qb improve a little bit they would have been a playoff team last year. I think they do improve, but i think the rest of the valley improves more, keeping ISUb out of the playoffs again, but gets them some street cred in some polls.
    #22 SIU <-- I realllllly reallllly hope they suck this year, but I think montana has a greater % chance to fail than SIU this year.

My playoff prediction for the MVFC is NDSU 8-3(9-2)(L Minnesota(probably) 1-1 against SIU/UNI and a loss to a team neither of the other MVFC playoff teams lose to, we like losing on homecoming.) SDSU 7-4(L against NDSU Illinois Indiana state and 1-1 against UNI/SIU) and UNI or SIU. How the Dakota schools play these 2 will dictate who makes it and who doesnt. 3 bid league.

Also congrats on 10,000 posts in 4 years, you must live on this website lol! You should pass Bisonguy in no time.
    Last edited by Twentysix; 05-28-2011 at 11:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Twentysix View Post
    I dont feel UNI is a bad team, they made my top 10. I dont think their a top 4 team though. I also dont think NDSU is a top 4 team.

Uni is ranked 4-6 slots to high in that poll. SIU is ranked 10-13 slots to high. 4 to 8/10 and 12 to 22-25+.

When you get up towards the top each slots means more, to me anwyays. I.e. if NDSU moves from 18 to 17 its not that big of a deal 17 to 19 not that big of a deal. If they move from 5th to 4th or 4th to 6th its a bigger deal, atleast to me.

Mostly because rennie is going to injure something he runs on before october.

I do think SFA will retain there inflated rank until the UNI game and UNI will beat SFA vaulting their position in the "other polls". Ive seen SFA listed between 10-18 in various polls. From what i remeber of the other jacks Moses was a HUGE contributor, and i think they will stumble without him.

In counter why do you think UNI is the 4th best team in the FCS nation at this point :S?

Relavant numbers from my AGS poll.

#1 W&M Solid team, front runner in alot of eastern based voters polls.
    #2 GStrnU Good team, they run a hard to defend offense. Talented group on D, but GSU's success is going to come from consistently running there wacky offense.
    #5 NDSU Probably a few votes to high, but I think we could beat MSU again this year.
    #6 MontSU Probably to high but i think there QB is improved next year as he will be a jr.
    #7 EWU I think they will be good, but i dont think they will be a NC contender again. Jones was a big part of getting them to where they were, even if he didnt contribute in the end.
    #8 UNIowa <-- UNI will be a solid team again. I dont think Rennie's accuracy improves at all over the offseason. If he gets hurt UNI could fall out of the polls entirely or drop to the highteens to 20's.
    #15 SDSU I dont think the jacks stay down. Although i threw them a bone at 15, I see them as a potential playoff team this year. UNI/SIU at home is a HUGE contributor to that Jacks go atleast 1-1 against this duo.#20 InSU Another bone, but if the sycs qb improve a little bit they would have been a playoff team last year. I think they do improve, but i think the rest of the valley improves more, keeping ISUb out of the playoffs again, but gets them some street cred in some polls.
    #22 SIU <-- I realllllly reallllly hope they suck this year, but I think montana has a greater % chance to fail than SIU this year.

My playoff prediction for the MVFC is NDSU 8-3(9-2)(L Minnesota(probably) 1-1 against SIU/UNI and a loss to a team neither of the other MVFC playoff teams lose to, we like losing on homecoming.) SDSU 7-4(L against NDSU Illinois Indiana state and 1-1 against UNI/SIU) and UNI or SIU. How the Dakota schools play these 2 will dictate who makes it and who doesnt. 3 bid league.

Also congrats on 10,000 posts in 4 years, you must live on this website lol! You should pass Bisonguy in no time.
    Unless the bunnies find a QB that doesnt mirror Mertens they aint going to the playoffs, Minnett was their Bread and Butter and I doubt they have another caliber back to step in this year. Next year maybe but I think they struggle to find their identity at least early in the year and then it will be too late for a playoff bid
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant