Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Maughan to retire

Default Re: Maughan to retire

This buds for you bucky ++++++ them team maker lunches won't be worth attending with out you

Quote Originally Posted by DjKyRo View Post
    Bucky absolutely kills me. “To start out, the first time I talked to an audience like this, it wasn’t as big. In fact, I think it was Ed Kolpack and myself and he had to cut it short because his wife was delivering their third kid Jeff. You have some idea how long I’ve been here.”

What a champion for NDSU. Can't believe he's retiring, but he's absolutely earned it. Thanks, Bucky.

Better line, on the cancer scare awhile back: "My biggest fear was that if I lost all my hair people would think I was Kolpack."

Will he replace Irv???? "He plans to remain involved in the athletic department to help with fundraising for the Bison Sports Arena renovation. It’s the last piece of the puzzle, he said, for the program to be a consistent top 10 team."

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    Anybody know why now? Maybe it was just time, he's certainly earned retirement!

I know they feel really good about incoming recruits and the direction of the program, maybe he wants to leave while it's trending up?
    I loved his time at the podium for the showcase. He did really seem upbeat on how the home schedule was really starting to look exciting. What a guy.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDoctor View Post
    Will he replace Irv???? "He plans to remain involved in the athletic department to help with fundraising for the Bison Sports Arena renovation. It’s the last piece of the puzzle, he said, for the program to be a consistent top 10 team."
    Thats what I expect will happen. Could you imagine being a fly on the wall in a meeting between Bucky and a donor. Bucky would have them laughing so hard that they won't even notice that they pledged millions.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Hopefully he tailgates.
    I would fly up to tailgate with Bucky. Any ideas on new coaches? Kish going to take over the program

BRING BACK SNORTY