Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DJ tabbed as one of the top 10 RB's in FCS

Default Re: DJ tabbed as one of the top 10 RB's in FCS

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    Wow, if we don't average more than 10 passes per game we're either going to be really good......or REALLY bad.
    ......or just average.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

We better average more than 10 passing attempts per game. We were dead last in just about every offensive catagory in the Valley last year! It has been proven that when you dare teams to stop the run in our conference, they do!We are going to be a running team, but sometimes you need to throw to set up the running game. If we can be a threat to pass, it will only help DJ and our other talented RB's!

I'm already at a point where I'm just going to go ahead and assume our passing game will be that bad until I see otherwise. I'm not going to argue with recent history.

On a bright side, I can see our defense and running game being so good this year that it isn't even going to matter, and the context of our games will be won by DJ and company.

Everybody in the country knew we were running the ball last year, and they still couldn't stop DJ.

Default Re: DJ tabbed as on of the top 10 RB's in FCS

Quote Originally Posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
    Really? Is that even possible?
    Really? Are you really asking that question? We have Vigen calling the plays.
    Anything is possible. And I don't mean that in a good way.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    I'm already at a point where I'm just going to go ahead and assume our passing game will be that bad until I see otherwise. I'm not going to argue with recent history.

On a bright side, I can see our defense and running game being so good this year that it isn't even going to matter, and the context of our games will be won by DJ and company.
    Gee, I remember many on this board saying exactly the same thing about this time of year before the 2008 season. Walker was gone, so was Mays, but the Bison had 18 returning starters after a 10-1 season. Some on this board questioned whether Mertens could pass effectively after the spring game and there was no concern because most believed that with Roehl and Paschall and the offensive line the Bison didn't need to pass the ball, they would simply jam it down everyone's blow hole.

Well, as we all know that didn't happen and a 6-5 season resulted. A successful team, even if it is a run first team, has got to effectively pass the ball in order to be productive offensively. If a team can't, then it is likely to lose a game 3-0 to the worst defensive team in the conference.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post
    Gee, I remember many on this board saying exactly the same thing about this time of year before the 2008 season. Walker was gone, so was Mays, but the Bison had 18 returning starters after a 10-1 season. Some on this board questioned whether Mertens could pass effectively after the spring game and there was no concern because most believed that with Roehl and Paschall and the offensive line the Bison didn't need to pass the ball, they would simply jam it down everyone's blow hole.

Well, as we all know that didn't happen and a 6-5 season resulted. A successful team, even if it is a run first team, has got to effectively pass the ball in order to be productive offensively. If a team can't, then it is likely to lose a game 3-0 to the worst defensive team in the conference.
    I would hardly call our passing game "effective" last year. Yet 2 playoff wins can certainly be considered a success, especially in the state our program has been in the last 20 years.

Sometimes you just have to find a way to make it with what you have and who you are.

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

We were very lucky to even make the playoffs last year! We were the last team picked! Once we got in we made the best of it! 4-4 in the Valley isnt a successful year! If we are not able to be a threat to throw the football and have some balance on offense we could end up in the middle of the pack again! If we can throw on occasion, be a threat to go downfield, we could be in the hunt to win it all!

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post

+++
    Great post. I couldn't have said it better myself.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com