Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gatlin Drafted in UFL

Default Gatlin Drafted in UFL

Josh Gatlin has been selected in the UFL draft by the Sacramento Mountain Lions coached by Dennis green.

From Twitter:
    UFLDennisGreen Dennis Green
    by theUFL
    With the 3rd pick in the 9th Round the @SacMtnLions select North Dakota St CB Josh Gatlin. #UFLDraft cc: @theUFL

Default Re: Gatlin Drafted in UFL

So what's he going to do? Wait for a free agent spot?

BRING BACK SNORTY

Quote Originally Posted by onbison09 View Post
    So what's he going to do? Wait for a free agent spot?
    I think Josh needs to make the absolute best of this opportunity, it could be huge for him when NFL gets off the stone and comes to their senses.

I'm not positive on this, but I saw it mentioned elsewhere that players drafted by the UFL have their rights owned by that team in the UFL, but can sign as NFL free agents when the lockout ends.

Not the destination we were hoping for but hey, how many of us are getting paid to play football? Congratulations, Josh! Well-deserved!
    Official Bisonville Sponsor of:
    DJKyRo-brand® self-deprecating humor; Bird law; Pureyor of spicy foods; Epic UN_ predictions
    DJKyRo's all-time GDT record: 10-8
    Don't follow me on Twitter @kroth37!

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUmulligan View Post
    I'm not positive on this, but I saw it mentioned elsewhere that players drafted by the UFL have their rights owned by that team in the UFL, but can sign as NFL free agents when the lockout ends.
    That's what I was wondering.

BRING BACK SNORTY

Quote Originally Posted by DjKyRo View Post
    Not the destination we were hoping for but hey, how many of us are getting paid to play football? Congratulations, Josh! Well-deserved!
    no it's not, but with the lockout no one can be picked up through free agency so this is the only way he can go for now until the lockout is over, but I'm guessing you knew that and just wish he could get picked up now and that's what you were getting at.
    "We All From Africa"

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUFan_Sav View Post
    no it's not, but with the lockout no one can be picked up through free agency so this is the only way he can go for now until the lockout is over, but I'm guessing you knew that and just wish he could get picked up now and that's what you were getting at.
    Yes, that's what I was getting at. I'd be surprised if the UFL is still in business in 5-10 years, much less an avenue for a player to have a long, successful career (though I have to imagine it's been done). My point is that Josh has a very real opportunity in front of him and I wish him the best of luck in proving himself.
    Official Bisonville Sponsor of:
    DJKyRo-brand® self-deprecating humor; Bird law; Pureyor of spicy foods; Epic UN_ predictions
    DJKyRo's all-time GDT record: 10-8
    Don't follow me on Twitter @kroth37!

Quote Originally Posted by DjKyRo View Post
    Yes, that's what I was getting at. I'd be surprised if the UFL is still in business in 5-10 years, much less an avenue for a player to have a long, successful career (though I have to imagine it's been done). My point is that Josh has a very real opportunity in front of him and I wish him the best of luck in proving himself.
    If this lockout continues, look for the UFL to take a serious bite out of the NFL viewership. I know I'd watch the UFL.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Gatlin has the skills to make the most of a year or two in the UFL which should be enough time for the NFL to get its collective sh#t together.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."