Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Gopher Preview

Default Re: Gopher Preview

Quote Originally Posted by 99Bison View Post
    So the proposal is this... The 07 players, most of which (~9 seniors in 06) were coming off of an 06 season with a bowl eligible season (7-6), were less talented players that will be here in 11, most of whom are coming off of a 3-9 season?

If you didn't pile on the players and talked about the change in coaching from 06-07 and then from 10-11, that's potentially buyable, but conjecture about players being better/worse is a grand canyon stretch of optimism.

Look yea, most people understand this is everyone's time to be optimistic (same applies to many comments on the board about Bison team as well). But stating this conjecture as fact is well... amusing.

You're right, how dare I assume the gopher players are more athletic than the 06 and 07 teams? Its just make believe! Also how can I truly believe the gophers are capable of doubling their win total next season with more experienced players and a competent coaching staff?

I'm still curious of a true example of why my player assesments are so off base?

Default Re: Gopher Preview

Quote Originally Posted by goldenshower View Post
    You're right, how dare I assume the gopher players are more athletic than the 06 and 07 teams? Its just make believe! Also how can I truly believe the gophers are capable of doubling their win total next season with more experienced players and a competent coaching staff?

I'm still curious of a true example of why my player assesments are so off base?
    He simply thinks it is weird to assume they will be better than a bowl team after last year's struggles.
    Stu Whitney@stuwhitney4mSurprised Harvard missed out. MT @AllHailTank: Well I guess I got watt I wonted I will take my talents and higher my education at UND.
    LAKESBISON 3/4/2006-4/15/2011 Forever in our hearts

Former representative of 3rd Floor Johnson
    Current representative of 12 St. N Fargo