Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Gopher Preview

Default Re: Gopher Preview

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    I have to agree, Spaeth very much was a blocking tight end. Who was the TE that played before him?
    ben utecht

Spaeth--bloodlines are from Mahnomen, MN, so he must be a tough son-of-a-bitch. Actually, I have met and talked with him personally a couple of times. Good kid and good head on his shoulders. And, I do watch him in NFL and he is a fairly good blocker IMO.

FYI from a trivia stanpoint: His dad grew up and played for Mahnomen, was recruited and played for Nebraska (All Big 12 Senior yr.) and was drafted by Buffalo as I recall--played for 3-4 years I believe.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenshower View Post
    eric decker

2006 MIN 13 12 26 378 14.5 39 3
    2007 MIN 12 12 68 909 13.6 59 9
    2008 MIN 12 12 84 1074 12.8 75 7

in 3 yrs decker who i think is great, started 37 games

da'jon mcknight

2008 9 3 38 12.7 1 22 4.2
    2009 13-6 17 311 18.3 0 53 23.9
    2010 12-12 48 750 15.6 10 40 62.5

mcknight has started 18 games his 2 yrs of starting with brewster and weber has him with decker-like numbers. decker is special and caught everything, dajon has better speed and similar size.

i think there are some similarities in these 2 guy's careers at minnesota
    They are very similar...............in that both are hurt all the time.....

99Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

So the proposal is this... The 07 players, most of which (~9 seniors in 06) were coming off of an 06 season with a bowl eligible season (7-6), were less talented players that will be here in 11, most of whom are coming off of a 3-9 season?

If you didn't pile on the players and talked about the change in coaching from 06-07 and then from 10-11, that's potentially buyable, but conjecture about players being better/worse is a grand canyon stretch of optimism.

Look yea, most people understand this is everyone's time to be optimistic (same applies to many comments on the board about Bison team as well). But stating this conjecture as fact is well... amusing.

Quote Originally Posted by 99Bison View Post
    So the proposal is this... The 07 players, most of which (~9 seniors in 06) were coming off of an 06 season with a bowl eligible season (7-6), were less talented players that will be here in 11, most of whom are coming off of a 3-9 season?

If you didn't pile on the players and talked about the change in coaching from 06-07 and then from 10-11, that's potentially buyable, but conjecture about players being better/worse is a grand canyon stretch of optimism.

Look yea, most people understand this is everyone's time to be optimistic (same applies to many comments on the board about Bison team as well). But stating this conjecture as fact is well... amusing.
    Blowing a HUGE lead in the fourth quarter against Texas Tech when they were good.
    Stu Whitney@stuwhitney4mSurprised Harvard missed out. MT @AllHailTank: Well I guess I got watt I wonted I will take my talents and higher my education at UND.
    LAKESBISON 3/4/2006-4/15/2011 Forever in our hearts

Former representative of 3rd Floor Johnson
    Current representative of 12 St. N Fargo

Answer Guy is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    FYI from a trivia stanpoint: His dad grew up and played for Mahnomen, was recruited and played for Nebraska (All Big 12 Senior yr.) and was drafted by Buffalo as I recall--played for 3-4 years I believe.

Ken Spaeth drafted in 5th round by Buffalo in 1978. NFL.com doesn't have any stats or information on him. Can't tell if he ever played or not.

http://www.nfl.com/players/kenspaeth...e?id=SPA079102

Does former ND Attorney General Nick Spaeth have any Mahnomen ties?
    Teh Interwebs – a place you can say stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Spaeth--bloodlines are from Mahnomen, MN, so he must be a tough son-of-a-bitch. Actually, I have met and talked with him personally a couple of times. Good kid and good head on his shoulders. And, I do watch him in NFL and he is a fairly good blocker IMO.

Kid I went to high school and worked with was cousins with him. No idea he'd be playing on Sundays when he first went there.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenshower View Post
    ben utecht
    There it is. I remember him being better than Spaeth.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by Answer Guy View Post
    Ken Spaeth drafted in 5th round by Buffalo in 1978. NFL.com doesn't have any stats or information on him. Can't tell if he ever played or not.

http://www.nfl.com/players/kenspaeth...e?id=SPA079102

Does former ND Attorney General Nick Spaeth have any Mahnomen ties?
    I don't know about Nick, but I picked up these 3 beauties at a garage sale last week. I love how hostile they make me feel when I wear one of them to church.

Sorry, you really gotta look at them closely.

If gray can't pass he's going to get murdered and your receivers will be useless.

If? The guy is a disaster in the pocket...just ask Iowa State!! Any team with faster than average 'backers will shut this circus down cold in 2011.