Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Gopher Preview

Default Re: Gopher Preview

Quote Originally Posted by NDB2 View Post
    I think Minnesota will win 3-5 games next year.

First off, Kill is a real football coach unlike that shyster Brewster (seriously WTF were they thinking hiring that dumbass?).

Second, Kill has to deal with the subpar talent that Punky left him with.

These things will offset in my book.

It will also make for a fun Bison-Gopher game.
    what do you mean "subpar talent"??? only people i have ever heard say that come from bisonville.

minnesota will be significantly better at all positions except punter(which is odd cause the kid gets a ton pf practice) compared to 06 and 07.

can ndsu say the same?

Quote Originally Posted by goldenshower View Post
    what do you mean "subpar talent"??? only people i have ever heard say that come from bisonville.

minnesota will be significantly better at all positions except punter(which is odd cause the kid gets a ton pf practice) compared to 06 and 07.

can ndsu say the same?
    #1: Kill has said as much himself on KFAN--paraphrasing "we have a long way to go but the cupboard is not necessarily bare".

#2: How's that? Are you saying you redshirted a bunch of good players and will be playing them and your new recruits? HTF are you going to be "significantly better at all positions" sans a change of personnel? Or are your saying Kill will coach'em up to be "significantly better". If the latter, that ain't sayin much, cuz they haven't been coached for shit that last several years--THEY SHOULD GET BETTER!!
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Huge Bison Fan On 9/24! View Post
    Seriously? Beating that idiot Ron Zook and his laughing band of clowns is a big thing? Christ, even that fool brewster beat Zook once and nearly did it a second time. Seriously? The Iowa win against a team that showed up looking like they would rather all be having a root canal than playing football on that frozen turd of a field in the dark on Thanksgiving weekend? The Iowa team that suffered a heart wrenching loss the week before to the Buckeyes which ended their hope of playing in January, while the goofers had a bye week to prepare?? With "positive momentum" like this, I don't understand why they aren't in the top 10 of most preseason polls!!!
    OK Pantherhawk....all you have come up with so far to stir the pot for this game is some old Brewster quotes and Sid ramblings. Thats pretty good buletin board material there!

Oh, and you made fun of Kill's looks. That is pretty ironic considering we have all seen you pictures of you with your little light sabers and nice little red truck.

I think your little Hawkeyes have enough to worry about...maybe starting with "floyd" being at TCF....carry on.

can ndsu say the same?
    your exact sentiments are echos from jayhawk fans.

"more talented players"

"new head coach"

"upgrades magically happening at every position"

"our fans dont care about this game"

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    #1: Kill has said as much himself on KFAN--paraphrasing "we have a long way to go but the cupboard is not necessarily bare".

#2: How's that? Are you saying you redshirted a bunch of good players and will be playing them and your new recruits? HTF are you going to be "significantly better at all positions" sans a change of personnel? Or are your saying Kill will coach'em up to be "significantly better". If the latter, that ain't sayin much, cuz they haven't been coached for shit that last several years--THEY SHOULD GET BETTER!!
    in comparison to 06 and 07 we are further ahead. jerry kill says that to please the hatred of gopher fans in relation to brewster. we will be middle of the road year one 6-7 games im positive of that.

i would say the closest group to a wash is the oline-new system but young highly recruited kids, i will say the current oline will be better

te-matt spaeth is an nfl back up-more of a blocker-eric lair and tyree euree are both more athletically gifted-both will play on sundays imo

wr-wheelwright was a d*ck tease like carlos silva(ex twin) great frame and speed but couldnt catch and was lazy-decker was a freshman and not really anything special yet.
    currently i think dajon mcknight is better than both decker and wheelwright in 07. geshun harris and marcus jones in the slot are better in comparison to 2007

qb-gray is a huge upgrade over weber-with grays running ability i think he will take pressure off the oline to make the gophers look better than what they are in the run game as well as in the passing game.

rb-pinnix was a small runner who is equal to deleon eskeridge-which is serviceable but pinnix would have been a sweet 3rd down back not an every down kind of guy. duane bennet will start and donnell kirkwood is our bowling ball with eskeridge coming in for situations which pinnix should have done.

defense
    dline i know we only had 9 sacks last season so trash me on that but i think that was due to coaching more than anything. our dline is way bigger, stronger, and faster if you go by the numbers. brandon kirskey is a guy many feel can be an all big ten caliber player. anthony jacobs is comeone kill is pretty high on and everyone knows the expectations that are on the shoulders of hageman. on the ends matt garin and kendall are to be solid pass rushers-garin i believe is a redshirt soph kgm is a also a redshirt soph?

in 07 we had vandesteeg who played with a broken hand most of the season and was really a waste of space. plus he was small at 250lbs

lb
    strength of the current defense with a lot of depth and speed. brendan beal a florida transfer is a nfl body linebacker 6-3 245 had some injury problems hopefully thats over-but you dont get a scholarship at florida unless youre talented.
    gary tinsley another big fast lineback and rallis who has become a stud. last is our speed guy keanon cooper-everyone in the big ten speaks of his talent-a little undersized for a lb but too big for a safety im excited to see how kill uses him

in 07 we had the slowest worst tackling lb's in all of college football-most d2 schools had better lb's than we did. scherels-too slow, hightower-really fast but couldnt tackle a pee wee football player.

cb
    barring any injuries we have 2 good cb's-i guess that depends if micheal carter lives up to expectations. i think if stoudamire stays healthy this team can win 6+ games-he is fast, physical and i expect a big day for him against the bisons weak wr's. if you guys ran the spread i would be concerned because im not sold depth at cb is there at all. im hoping for these two to stay healthy.

in 2007 we had jamal harris-couldnt tackle, couldnt defend the pass, not sure how he started?

safety
    this year we have to very good tacklers 6th yr senior kim royston and james manuel not sure how they will do against the pass but we know they can tackle.

in 07 we had barber who was good against the pass but like the rest of his homeboys couldnt tackle ww2 vets at a nursing home.

this is why i feel we are better at every position in comparison to 2007

it also demonstrates how far a person will stretch things to back up previously stated b.s.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

99Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

What happened to 06 comparison?

Quote Originally Posted by NDB2 View Post
    it also demonstrates how far a person will stretch things to back up previously stated b.s.
    What was stretched? Anyone that pays any attention to the big ten would agree that the 2007 team is no where near the talent of the 2011 gopher squad. I'm just happy you had a thoughtful response to discredit my opinion of the gopher roster. Well played by you!

Quote Originally Posted by 99Bison View Post
    What happened to 06 comparison?
    I had to do it on my phone and it wouldn't let me access the 06 roster and I could only really remember a couple players from that team,

I would still say on defense for sure in comparison to 06 we are better at every position except dend-vandesteeg and a great year in 06.

Offense-oline was better in 06, wash with the wr's, I was never a fan of cupito except when barber and maroney were in the backfield. Rb of 2011 are better than in 06-if russel didn't get into trouble and could have played I might reconsider

What was stretched? Anyone that pays any attention to the big ten would agree that the 2007 team is no where near the talent of the 2011 gopher squad. I'm just happy you had a thoughtful response to discredit my opinion of the gopher roster. Well played by you!
    And you have watched more Big 10 football this spring than this guy:

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten

Riiiiiiiiiight! Carry on Mr. 2007 AllOverAgain!