Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Gopher Preview

Default Re: Gopher Preview

Quote Originally Posted by NDB2 View Post
    I think Minnesota will win 3-5 games next year.
    First off, Kill is a real football coach unlike that shyster Brewster (seriously WTF were they thinking hiring that dumbass?).

Second, Kill has to deal with the subpar talent that Punky left him with.

These things will offset in my book.

It will also make for a fun Bison-Gopher game.

Maybe!

Potential wins:

N Mexico State
    Miami (Ohio)
    NDSU
    Northwestern
    Illinois

I believe the Bison will win and the Northwestern and Illinois games were vry close last year.

Let me just temper expectations for a minute.

If the Bison played MN's schedule next year with our current roster, our absolute high-end season would be probably 3-4 wins with maybe 1 Big Ten win.

MN is unlikely to take a step back from their 3 wins last year considering that they ended their season by beating two bowl-winning teams and that the season was an utter disaster with a coach being fired mid-season.

I only say this so we can get some perspective and temper some expectations around here. Our success in the Gopher game has far more to do with our opponent than with us. We won't make dumb mistakes. We will play solid, fundamental football. We don't know these things about the Gophers, and in fact recent history tells us that they can be counted on F up as bad teams often do. But make no mistake, if Kill is the real deal we have a hell of a fight on our hands in this game. 85 scholly players, at least one guy who is a sure-fire NFL draft pick at WR, etc etc. We also no longer have the element of surprise since we beat them and Kansas in recent seasons. This FCS team is no bye week for bad FBS teams like MN. That may actually play against us.

Quote Originally Posted by 344Johnson View Post
    [/B]

They beat Iowa and Illinois to end the season. Not bad wins, certainly not great, but pretty solid.
    Seriously? Beating that idiot Ron Zook and his laughing band of clowns is a big thing? Christ, even that fool brewster beat Zook once and nearly did it a second time. Seriously? The Iowa win against a team that showed up looking like they would rather all be having a root canal than playing football on that frozen turd of a field in the dark on Thanksgiving weekend? The Iowa team that suffered a heart wrenching loss the week before to the Buckeyes which ended their hope of playing in January, while the goofers had a bye week to prepare?? With "positive momentum" like this, I don't understand why they aren't in the top 10 of most preseason polls!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BisoninNWMN View Post
    Maybe!

Potential wins:

N Mexico State
    Miami (Ohio)
    NDSU
    Northwestern
    Illinois

I believe the Bison will win and the Northwestern and Illinois games were vry close last year.
    If Illinois is on that list, Iowa, Purdue, and Michigan need to be on it as well. The only games with no chance are Wisconsin and Nebraska in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by mnriverbison View Post
    If Illinois is on that list, Iowa, Purdue, and Michigan need to be on it as well. The only games with no chance are Wisconsin and Nebraska in my opinion.
    They have no chance vs Iowa or Michigan. MN will have absolutely no run blocking in 2011 and Grey cannot hit a freight train beyond 10 yards and is too dumb to run a read offense which will also hamper his scrambling. They have one serviceable WR.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    They fail to mention that Goofer stadium seating for visitors is located in the upper half of sections 201-206 and 215-218.
    That is the upper half of the upper deck. Nice for them that they set it up so the visitors get split up into two areas.
    pretty sure every major college has that set up

Quote Originally Posted by ISXBISON View Post
    If I remember correctly; when I called Josh at the ticket office, he stated we were getting 3000.
    Thanks. (The message I have entered is short, like an oompa loompa)

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Huge Bison Fan On 9/24! View Post
    Seriously? Beating that idiot Ron Zook and his laughing band of clowns is a big thing? Christ, even that fool brewster beat Zook once and nearly did it a second time. Seriously?
    Yes, seriously. Are you LakesBison? Seriously. Or are you Panthehawk. It is clearly one of the two.

Say what you will about Ron Zook or an Iowa team playing for Bowl pecking order and in their biggest rivalry game, but the games happened. The Illini and Iowa both won Bowl games and both had every reason to want to beat MN last year. And didn't. Doesn't mean MN is better than them. But it sure means that this game is no pushover. Virtually every player on their roster was more heavily recruited than any player on ours. That doesn't mean everything-but it matters. They have 1/3 more scholarships. That doesn't mean everything but it also matters. And their "serviceable" WR will play on Sundays next year.

Christ, is this Bisonville or is this the Paul-Allen Bison project. It isn't out of bounds to temper the fire when it gets out of hand.

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Huge Bison Fan On 9/24! View Post
    They have no chance vs Iowa or Michigan. MN will have absolutely no run blocking in 2011 and Grey cannot hit a freight train beyond 10 yards and is too dumb to run a read offense which will also hamper his scrambling. They have one serviceable WR.
    Iowa lost a lot this offseason. Michigan is bad to begin with....new coach as well. So yes, the gophers have a chance. People in the cities are pretty excited to see what Grey can do. For all we know, he will be good.
    Stu Whitney@stuwhitney4mSurprised Harvard missed out. MT @AllHailTank: Well I guess I got watt I wonted I will take my talents and higher my education at UND.
    LAKESBISON 3/4/2006-4/15/2011 Forever in our hearts

Former representative of 3rd Floor Johnson
    Current representative of 12 St. N Fargo

NDSU Football vs. Minnesota Ticket Information

Requests to purchase tickets through NDSU for the football game at Minnesota can be submitted online beginning at 8:00 a.m. on Saturday, May 7th. Requests will be accepted until 5:00 p.m. on Saturday, May 21st.

Order fulfillment and seat assignments will be determined based on priority points. Team Makers and Season Ticket Holders should submit their requests through their established Team Maker/Season Ticket Holder account to ensure credit for current priority points.

- Price: $55/ticket ($50 + $5 fee)

- Limit 10 tickets/account

- Visitor seating is located in Sections 201-206 and 215-218. Click here for seating chart.

- Requests can be submitted online May 7-May 21.

- Order fulfillment will be determined May 23rd based on priority points.

- Notification of order status (accepted/denied) will be emailed May 23rd.

- Credit card information must be entered when submitting request. Payment will be processed May 23rd on all ACCEPTED orders. No charge will be assessed for denied orders.

- Seat assignment will be determined based on priority points.

- Tickets will be mailed September 1st.

- No refunds will be given on accepted orders.

CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT YOUR REQUEST TO PURCHASE TICKETS

More information regarding the Bison vs. Gophers game can be found at the following links:

NDSU Alumni Association

GopherSports.com
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.