Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Old Sid Hartman Just Doesn't Learn!

Default Re: Old Sid Hartman Just Doesn't Learn!

Quote Originally Posted by goldenshower View Post
    i still like our dline and im hoping they live up to their paper potential. but i think your oline will have success on our dline but we have linebackers that will be the difference in the gopher vs bison game. beal, tinsley, cooper, and rallis all looked very fast and big. this wont be the slow, soft gopher linebackers that your bowling ball ran over and through. but as of right now i think we will be too fast for the bison. this gopher team is actually physical on defense with speed and for how good the bison defense is/should be when you get those 2 linebackers healthy im thinking a 10-9 game. in the gophers favor our linebackers and the running ability of Gray will squeak out another gopher win, maybe my opinions will change if i can get to the bison spring game.
    Some good analytical observations. I don't; however, think that the Gophers will out-quick the Bison. We have an FBS-caliber running game with a deep, talented running back corp. Our big question-mark is still the passing game. If we can come up with any kind of consistency there we will be lethal.

On defense, you'll be amazed at how quick and athletic we are. Our linebackers and a couple of defensive linemen are really special. We also have made big strides in the defensive backfield with an influx of some very quick and athletic players.

Gray 'is' a special athlete...no doubt. He will cause trouble for any team.

I agree that this game should be close. It will come down to turnovers. Glad to hear that there's improvement in the Gophers. I've been a fan of sorts over the years...especially when Dr. Lou was in town.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

Ole Sid just is a homer through and through. He has made his money being pals with the local sports execs and coaches. He plays them so they like him.

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    Ole Sid just is a homer through and through. He has made his money being pals with the local sports execs and coaches. He plays them so they like him.
    Totally...well said...

Good grief. Some of you guys are so sensitive you sound like a bunch of old women.

Are you really surprised that a columnist who is a known homer of a Big 10 program doesn't give a FCS program much credit? How many people covering FBS programs don't expect them to beat the FCS teams on their schedule? If they do, they won't put it down in writing during SPRING BALL.

It's actually funny that there is plenty of complaining here when our local guys are too "objective". We seem to want them to be homers but nobody covering our opponents can fail to give us the proper respect.

I just wonder why anybody here cares what Sid thinks. I hope he keeps writing the same stuff.

Homerism aside, I'd expect any journalist following the beat of a Big Six team to expect a handy win over any FCS team. Even with the history we have with Minnesota, they're still a BCS team. If nothing else, we can play the disrespect card (which has worked pretty well for us in the past). Don't sweat it.
    Official Bisonville Sponsor of:
    DJKyRo-brand® self-deprecating humor; Bird law; Pureyor of spicy foods; Epic UN_ predictions
    DJKyRo's all-time GDT record: 10-8
    Don't follow me on Twitter @kroth37!

sid is a legend

Sid is a crusty old fool who yanks the home teams yank. Wish we had one in Fargo. Gotta admit he is loyal.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    Good grief. Some of you guys are so sensitive you sound like a bunch of old women.

Are you really surprised that a columnist who is a known homer of a Big 10 program doesn't give a FCS program much credit? How many people covering FBS programs don't expect them to beat the FCS teams on their schedule? If they do, they won't put it down in writing during SPRING BALL.

It's actually funny that there is plenty of complaining here when our local guys are too "objective". We seem to want them to be homers but nobody covering our opponents can fail to give us the proper respect.

I just wonder why anybody here cares what Sid thinks. I hope he keeps writing the same stuff.
    My disrespect for Sid has nothing to do with the Bison. Lived in MN for quite a while, and I noticed how stupid he was about the Gophers and the pro teams in the Twin Cities. He'd take on the UM administration for having high academic standards. A blow-hard with just enough knowledge to be dangerous to the programs in an educational institution...but not intelligent enough to treat them as such...but influential enough to affect things.

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post

++++Agree! And their fans are not going to be as excited about this game as we are! Worried, maybe! Excited, not so much!

Sid thinks the gophers are going to the rose bowl ever year so it really doesn't surprise me that he wrote something like that. Plus, Sid probably can't even remember we played them anyway, let alone that we beat them.. My take, Jerry Kill is a real coach and the gophers will be greatly improved just with his presence. I think we have a good shot at beating them but the gophers should still be favored.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!