Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 46

Thread: Old Sid Hartman Just Doesn't Learn!

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    13,740

    Default Re: Old Sid Hartman Just Doesn't Learn!

    Quote Originally Posted by BisoninNWMN View Post
    Bull**it!!

    If the Bison can find a productive passing game this year, the Gophs will have a hard time beating the Bison......period!!
    I agree. We will be much deeper than 06 & 07.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Fertile MN
    Posts
    5,950

    Default Re: Old Sid Hartman Just Doesn't Learn!

    Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    I agree. We will be much deeper than 06 & 07.

    I was going to add that no FBS team has taken us to the woodshed since our move up to D1 and I don't believe the '11 Gophers will be any different.

    It sounds like our defense might be better than last year and all those freshman that played have that year of experience under their belt.

    The Bison will not "roll" the Gophs but they will have a hard time beating us this coming year. It will most likely be a hard fought game but I expect a Bison win....like all games.

    Good defense-run the ball-consistent passing game.....sky is the limit for this team this year.


    GO BISON


    **cannot wait for the moron "goldenshower" to come here and say we are all in lala land for believing we can beat the mighty Gophs.....

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    381

    Default Re: Old Sid Hartman Just Doesn't Learn!

    Quote Originally Posted by BISON1434er View Post
    Old Sid is a homer when it comes to the Gophers. I would rather have someone like Sid though, then say Ed "Wiskey Bottle" Schultz who would talk up the opposing team. When it comes to sports coverage of the U, 1500ESPN has the most realistic view, followed by the KFAN which usually props the gophers up until the end or obvious, and then there's Sid on 830WCCO, in which on Sunday morning October 22, 2008, he was still coming up with excuses for the Gophers.

    not sure what kfan youre talking about but twin cities media with the exception of ol Sid rip the gophers about as hard as wisky and hogeye fans. fargo media doesnt cover ndsu football enough but at least it isnt non stop negativity like the tc media.

    i was at the gopher spring game on sat and i am considering going to the bison spring game with a friend of mine. it was a very vanilla scrimmage but just from what i know about bison football i think ndsu's front 7 will have success against our oline. we are pretty young on the oline. half of our wrs did not participate due to some nagging injuries but geshun harris looks like a player that can step in and replace gray. gray looked horrible passing the ball but was awesome running.

    i still like our dline and im hoping they live up to their paper potential. but i think your oline will have success on our dline but we have linebackers that will be the difference in the gopher vs bison game. beal, tinsley, cooper, and rallis all looked very fast and big. this wont be the slow, soft gopher linebackers that your bowling ball ran over and through. but as of right now i think we will be too fast for the bison. this gopher team is actually physical on defense with speed and for how good the bison defense is/should be when you get those 2 linebackers healthy im thinking a 10-9 game. in the gophers favor our linebackers and the running ability of Gray will squeak out another gopher win, maybe my opinions will change if i can get to the bison spring game.

  4. #14
    BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    4,847

    Default Re: Old Sid Hartman Just Doesn't Learn!

    Quote Originally Posted by BisoninNWMN View Post
    Bull**it!!

    If the Bison can find a productive passing game this year, the Gophs will have a hard time beating the Bison......period!!
    I think the consensus this year among Bison fans is what you said here. A consistent passing game that can complement the strong running game will be the key. I have to say, however, that the 8 sacks in the last scrimmage concern me a bit.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    24,316

    Default Re: Old Sid Hartman Just Doesn't Learn!

    Quote Originally Posted by 1 Huge Bison Fan On 9/24! View Post
    Correct. However, what part of they should not only win but be able to use to improve their skills, = the goofers should be looking at this game as a tune-up for the Big 10 season and a chance to give our depth some reps late in this a@@ kicking? Tackling dummies are used to "improve skills!"

    Nice spring game turnout, Squid:

    http://boards.gopherhole.com/boards/...ad.php?t=29368

    We gonna show you how to fill that hole on 9/24!
    games arent used to improve skill?

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    26,688

    Default Re: Old Sid Hartman Just Doesn't Learn!

    Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post
    I have to say, however, that the 8 sacks in the last scrimmage concern me a bit.
    That is the thing with spring ball though, is our DL just that good or is the OL that bad? Also which QBs are taking those sacks...In the highlights from WDAY I saw Jose take a sack and as we all know he is prone to taking a some sacks(a no contact scrimmage is just going to inflate that weakness).

    I will say that I am more excited about next week's spring game than any previous game. Lots to check out from our skill players, to our QBs and also some new blood on both lines.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

  7. #17
    Bison Dan's Avatar
    Bison Dan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    4,796

    Default Re: Old Sid Hartman Just Doesn't Learn!

    Quote Originally Posted by goldenshower View Post
    not sure what kfan youre talking about but twin cities media with the exception of ol Sid rip the gophers about as hard as wisky and hogeye fans. fargo media doesnt cover ndsu football enough but at least it isnt non stop negativity like the tc media.

    i was at the gopher spring game on sat and i am considering going to the bison spring game with a friend of mine. it was a very vanilla scrimmage but just from what i know about bison football i think ndsu's front 7 will have success against our oline. we are pretty young on the oline. half of our wrs did not participate due to some nagging injuries but geshun harris looks like a player that can step in and replace gray. gray looked horrible passing the ball but was awesome running.

    i still like our dline and im hoping they live up to their paper potential. but i think your oline will have success on our dline but we have linebackers that will be the difference in the gopher vs bison game. beal, tinsley, cooper, and rallis all looked very fast and big. this wont be the slow, soft gopher linebackers that your bowling ball ran over and through. but as of right now i think we will be too fast for the bison. this gopher team is actually physical on defense with speed and for how good the bison defense is/should be when you get those 2 linebackers healthy im thinking a 10-9 game. in the gophers favor our linebackers and the running ability of Gray will squeak out another gopher win, maybe my opinions will change if i can get to the bison spring game.
    Can't believe the lack of interest for Gopher FB. Not one call into Sid about it. I think Kill will get them respectable.
    Best DI Football Team in the Tri-State Area - AGAIN

  8. #18
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Killdeer, ND 58640
    Posts
    2,544

    Default Re: Old Sid Hartman Just Doesn't Learn!

    Quote Originally Posted by goldenshower View Post
    not sure what kfan youre talking about but twin cities media with the exception of ol Sid rip the gophers about as hard as wisky and hogeye fans. fargo media doesnt cover ndsu football enough but at least it isnt non stop negativity like the tc media.

    i was at the gopher spring game on sat and i am considering going to the bison spring game with a friend of mine. it was a very vanilla scrimmage but just from what i know about bison football i think ndsu's front 7 will have success against our oline. we are pretty young on the oline. half of our wrs did not participate due to some nagging injuries but geshun harris looks like a player that can step in and replace gray. gray looked horrible passing the ball but was awesome running.

    i still like our dline and im hoping they live up to their paper potential. but i think your oline will have success on our dline but we have linebackers that will be the difference in the gopher vs bison game. beal, tinsley, cooper, and rallis all looked very fast and big. this wont be the slow, soft gopher linebackers that your bowling ball ran over and through. but as of right now i think we will be too fast for the bison. this gopher team is actually physical on defense with speed and for how good the bison defense is/should be when you get those 2 linebackers healthy im thinking a 10-9 game. in the gophers favor our linebackers and the running ability of Gray will squeak out another gopher win, maybe my opinions will change if i can get to the bison spring game.
    If I remember right, you had an all american/conference linebacker, I think his name was Hightower. He looked like your best player on D, don't know how you remember him slow or soft?
    Hey Barkeep, another round of the green stuff for me and my buddies!

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    381

    Default Re: Old Sid Hartman Just Doesn't Learn!

    Quote Originally Posted by KilldeerBison View Post
    If I remember right, you had an all american/conference linebacker, I think his name was Hightower. He looked like your best player on D, don't know how you remember him slow or soft?
    hightower was not an all american/all conference. he was an average speed linebacker who couldnt tackle. the best defender we had was willie vandsteeg and he had a broken hand and played very little-not that it would have changed the outcome. the current gopher team would slaughter that 07 squad.

    i considered him soft

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    381

    Default Re: Old Sid Hartman Just Doesn't Learn!

    Quote Originally Posted by Bison Dan View Post
    Can't believe the lack of interest for Gopher FB. Not one call into Sid about it. I think Kill will get them respectable.
    kill is alright and there is interest in gopher football but spring games arent that big a deal to most schools across the country. there are the exceptions but i would gues 5-7k at the gopher spring game-i was there and it was freezing

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •