Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Old Sid Hartman Just Doesn't Learn!

Default Old Sid Hartman Just Doesn't Learn!

One thing in the Gophers' favor is their early schedule. After going to Southern California, they have three nonconference home games that they should not only win but be able to use to improve their skills, facing New Mexico State, Miami (Ohio) and North Dakota State. Big Ten play begins with games at Michigan and Purdue.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/120549544.html

Looks like this old fool thinks the goofers will be toying with us..."again."

Default Re: Old Sid Hartman Just Doesn't Learn!

Old Sid is a homer when it comes to the Gophers. I would rather have someone like Sid though, then say Ed "Wiskey Bottle" Schultz who would talk up the opposing team. When it comes to sports coverage of the U, 1500ESPN has the most realistic view, followed by the KFAN which usually props the gophers up until the end or obvious, and then there's Sid on 830WCCO, in which on Sunday morning October 22, 2008, he was still coming up with excuses for the Gophers.

Sid is a curmudgeon.

Add to the list Stu Whitney from the Argus Reader... another homer

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Huge Bison Fan On 9/24! View Post
    One thing in the Gophers' favor is their early schedule. After going to Southern California, they have three nonconference home games that they should not only win but be able to use to improve their skills, facing New Mexico State, Miami (Ohio) and North Dakota State. Big Ten play begins with games at Michigan and Purdue.

I was thinking the same thing. We have 3 easy non conference games before we start conference play! Thanks for the update Lakes, I mean Huge Bison Fan On 9/24

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Huge Bison Fan On 9/24! View Post

I dont really see anything wrong with this. Gophers should be favored and should beat NMSU, Miami OH and yes NDSU

Silly Sid...powerful Sid...well-connected Sid...is a tail that wags the dog at the U of M. I've never understood it, but his jottings are read faithfully...and he is very influential. I appreciate the fact that Sid continues his ways. He's a homer, but he's much more than that. He has real power. I would take Ed Schultz back in a heartbeat...the best Bison announcer ever...despite his shortcomings.

Hypothetical Sid Jotting:

"I was having dinner with my good friend Bobby Knight this past weekend and he says that the Gophers are in line to recruit fifteen 5-Star athletes for next year and will win the national championship four years in a row."...

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

What the h? How can a guy not like sid hartman? Quating from his book..."Doyles was where all the people who were called racketeers hung out. I would walk in with my papers and get a half-buck, maybe a buck, for a paper. I was selling two-cent newspapers and would walk out of there with ten bucks. The trouble was, I then would go back to newspaper alley and the older newspaper carriers would get me in a craps game and I'd lose the ten bucks. Eleven, tweleve years old, and I had a terrible gambling problem. The problem was that I always lost. I always tried to help my mother, because we lived in poverty. I could have helped her a lot more if it wasn't for those craps games"

Quote Originally Posted by ming01 View Post
    I dont really see anything wrong with this. Gophers should be favored and should beat NMSU, Miami OH and yes NDSU
    Correct. However, what part of they should not only win but be able to use to improve their skills, = the goofers should be looking at this game as a tune-up for the Big 10 season and a chance to give our depth some reps late in this a@@ kicking? Tackling dummies are used to "improve skills!"

Nice spring game turnout, Squid:

http://boards.gopherhole.com/boards/...ad.php?t=29368

We gonna show you how to fill that hole on 9/24!

Bull**it!!

If the Bison can find a productive passing game this year, the Gophs will have a hard time beating the Bison......period!!