Quote Originally Posted by goldenshower View Post
i still like our dline and im hoping they live up to their paper potential. but i think your oline will have success on our dline but we have linebackers that will be the difference in the gopher vs bison game. beal, tinsley, cooper, and rallis all looked very fast and big. this wont be the slow, soft gopher linebackers that your bowling ball ran over and through. but as of right now i think we will be too fast for the bison. this gopher team is actually physical on defense with speed and for how good the bison defense is/should be when you get those 2 linebackers healthy im thinking a 10-9 game. in the gophers favor our linebackers and the running ability of Gray will squeak out another gopher win, maybe my opinions will change if i can get to the bison spring game.
Some good analytical observations. I don't; however, think that the Gophers will out-quick the Bison. We have an FBS-caliber running game with a deep, talented running back corp. Our big question-mark is still the passing game. If we can come up with any kind of consistency there we will be lethal.

On defense, you'll be amazed at how quick and athletic we are. Our linebackers and a couple of defensive linemen are really special. We also have made big strides in the defensive backfield with an influx of some very quick and athletic players.

Gray 'is' a special athlete...no doubt. He will cause trouble for any team.

I agree that this game should be close. It will come down to turnovers. Glad to hear that there's improvement in the Gophers. I've been a fan of sorts over the years...especially when Dr. Lou was in town.