i was really looking forward to him being a force in the middle
    anybody have any thoughts

Default Re: justin juckem

Quote Originally Posted by bison boy View Post
    whats up with justin juckem , is he 100%
    hardly ever see him in on any tackles , man he is a big guy
    He's kind of a mystery. He's probably the biggest lineman on the team. Played DE, receiver, ran track, and played center for the BB team in high school. Was one of our most hyped signings. Started off at DE his redshirt year but moved to tackle. Put on a shit load of muscle. Changing positions probably set him back.

Can't call him a bust but most of us expected him to start as a freshman. Now he's in his sophomore year and all the hype has been around Drevlow, Lavoy, and Perry. Now Scott Stoczynski is getting playing time at tackle. Even Danny Lueke moved to tackle. But they moved Gimmestat from tackle to the o line so he's obviously got a future at the tackle spot.

He's obviously worked hard to get built up to play the position. Now its about performing. Maybe he just hasn't learned the position fast enough? Or maybe the other guys have been that good? I do know that it would really help the team take that next step if he can live up to his potential. Perry, Jirik, Juckem, and Boyer is the D line most of us envisioned when we signed these guys.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by bison boy View Post
    whats up with justin juckem , is he 100%
    hardly ever see him in on any tackles , man he is a big guy

Kind of a joke...but how about tight end? Basketball player...all-around athlete. Maybe that's part of the problem. Finding the right niche can be a challenge. I really don't have a clue what's up.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

Kermit is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Juckem is probably right behind Drevlow right now at NT. He played a ton in the first scrimmage and I expect that he will be in the rotation. He is a sophomore who has been developing his body to be a defensive tackle and he is now up to 282 pounds (235 as a true freshman). I think he is going to be just fine.
    "Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."
    — John Wooden

I think he will see plenty of playing time this year. We seem to rotate the D line quite a bit to keep them fresh. I expected more by now but 50 lbs of muscle in a couple years means he has the drive to put in the time. I think this is the year it pays off for him.

bisonhusker is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I have never understood why people have expected more out of him. He has yet to lace them up for his Sophomore year. He switched positions, had a minor injury and has added 50 lbs. Dude is a monster. Just look at the kid in pads. he passes the eye test, that is for sure. I hope he has a great year. We are so young and scary good on the Defensive line.

Says he is majoring in mechanical engineering. I'd say "cut him some slack" his brain is probably ready to explode. Football plus engineering gets my respect, go get'em Justin!
    Hey Barkeep, another round of the green stuff for me and my buddies!

Quote Originally Posted by KilldeerBison View Post
    Says he is majoring in mechanical engineering. I'd say "cut him some slack" his brain is probably ready to explode. Football plus engineering gets my respect, go get'em Justin!
    I agree. He is currently in the torture test portion of the Engineering Curriculum.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonhusker View Post
    I have never understood why people have expected more out of him. He has yet to lace them up for his Sophomore year. He switched positions, had a minor injury and has added 50 lbs. Dude is a monster. Just look at the kid in pads. he passes the eye test, that is for sure. I hope he has a great year. We are so young and scary good on the Defensive line.
    Agree'ed...the guy has yet to play a set foot on the field for his RS Soph. season and people are throwing out the word "bust"...
    "We will win games with talent, but we will win Championships with Character" - Jimbo Fisher - Florida St. H.C.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNolesFan77 View Post
    Agree'ed...the guy has yet to play a set foot on the field for his RS Soph. season and people are throwing out the word "bust"...
    Nobody said bust. He just hasn't contributed yet and he was easily our most hyped recruit. Hes a sophmore like Drevlow who is ahead of him on deptb chart. Dont think any of us thought we'd see Drevlow on thefield before Juckem. Hopefully hes a backup because Drevlow is that good.Im surprised we haven't heard anything on him. Like I said changing positions is tough and clearly he has the desire since he's put on 50 lbs of muscle. Now we need him to go out and kick ass on the field. He's an important player.
    Last edited by HerdBot; 04-20-2011 at 03:11 AM.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com