Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: SDSU Mens bball picked to win Summit early on?

Default Re: SDSU Mens bball picked to win Summit early on?

Quote Originally Posted by JSUBison View Post
    Checked out the bunnyboard, and I really got to give those guys credit. They are the most glass half full, lemon from lemonade fans I have ever seen.
    I want all our rivals to be excited about their chances. It makes their tears all the more delicious.

Checked out the bunnyboard, and I really got to give those guys credit. They are the most glass half full, lemon from lemonade fans I have ever seen.
    Soooo, what are they going to do? run a 5-guard set? Trey will have to resort to blocking shots with his elbows just to keep things civil. Saul will have to put in Nagel before halftime, but will have to get him some sort of implement to pick the carcasses out of the treads of his sneakers. This could be fun.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Well Nagy has added two more guards to their roster for this year...

http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...B_OEM_ID=15000

11 of the 15 players on SDSU's roster are guards, one is guard/forward and three others are forwards. Well I guess Nagy can at least run scrimmages now.

Not sure what their plan is if one or two of their bigs get hurt. Or how they will deal with the length and athleticism of ORU and NDSU.
    Well they got pretty used to braun and trey dunking on them last year. I doubt this year would be much different?
    Stu Whitney@stuwhitney4mSurprised Harvard missed out. MT @AllHailTank: Well I guess I got watt I wonted I will take my talents and higher my education at UND.
    LAKESBISON 3/4/2006-4/15/2011 Forever in our hearts

Former representative of 3rd Floor Johnson
    Current representative of 12 St. N Fargo

Only zooropa and a couple others...everyone else realizes we'll be able to run and score with anyone and get absolutely destroyed down low.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatanka View Post
    Soooo, what are they going to do? run a 5-guard set? Trey will have to resort to blocking shots with his elbows just to keep things civil. Saul will have to put in Nagel before halftime, but will have to get him some sort of implement to pick the carcasses out of the treads of his sneakers. This could be fun.
    jacks are the next villanova. final four!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ming01 View Post
    jacks are the next villanova. final four!!!
    Let's not get ahead of ourselves...probably only Sweet 16 this year

I don't think these two will make a impact this year. Now don't get me wrong I am no great basketball mind but when you watch the videos keep a eye on the release point of Francis. It seemed really low and Aaberg, Tray and and heck most others are going to have a field day blocking it. As with Prince, watch how many times he goes to the left side of the basket, not many. Always seems to need to use the right hand. Even the one drive he had a straight on lay in to the left side but chose to lean into the defender on the right and twist his body so he could use his right hand. A little later he has a easy lay in on the left side but has to go up and use his right hand. Force him to go left all night and you have shut him down.

The bunnies will at least have people to practice against this year though but I do believe Nagy is reaching on these two. Oh and the fall is used for recruiting for next year not trying to fill in your bench for the current year. Interesting is the parallel between our womens problems and filling a team over the past few years and their mens team.

I would agree that Prince doesn't show a lot of his left in his youtube highlight tape. But than neither does your Lawrence Alexander.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wao-zwKmA_0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1TrLtGqil4

Not knocking anyone, but it's hard to judge from youtube players from youtube clips. For example, see if you recognize this individual from his outstanding highlights and tell me how he turned out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLuMoxhKDdc

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    I don't think these two will make a impact this year. Now don't get me wrong I am no great basketball mind but when you watch the videos keep a eye on the release point of Francis. It seemed really low and Aaberg, Tray and and heck most others are going to have a field day blocking it. As with Prince, watch how many times he goes to the left side of the basket, not many. Always seems to need to use the right hand. Even the one drive he had a straight on lay in to the left side but chose to lean into the defender on the right and twist his body so he could use his right hand. A little later he has a easy lay in on the left side but has to go up and use his right hand. Force him to go left all night and you have shut him down.

The bunnies will at least have people to practice against this year though but I do believe Nagy is reaching on these two. Oh and the fall is used for recruiting for next year not trying to fill in your bench for the current year. Interesting is the parallel between our womens problems and filling a team over the past few years and their mens team.

They added a big today from NAIA ball. He was 6'8 at Mid American Nazerine, but listed at 6'6 on the Jack site today. He is a kid from Council Bluffs, Iowa. He averages 2 points per game at Mid American Nazerine.

In regards to the other kids from other parts of the world. I tend to not give Nagy any breaks, so why now. We are in a dead period for recruiting, so it isn't like these kids actually got to campus. How do you end up signing kids the week school starts and expect them to transition well into Brookings, SD.

In contrast to that, our 3 freshman have been on campus working out and gelling with our team since June. Heck Lindberg skipped a very good all star game (that alot of our staff actually played in back in the day) in order to not fall behind and get with his teammates. I just disagree with how late these kids are brought in and it brings in alot of questions. Nothing wrong, just wonder why they add guards when need bigs. Nate Wolters can't be digging that philosophy.....But Saul is probably ok with it.

They took 2nd in a few recruiting battles, which is tough in that business and they had to go all the way down the line until basically school started to find anyone to take the scholarship offers. I am guessing this means the end of the line for the Juco PG they took last year that wasn't good enough to see the court. Still wish we had Wolters. Damn.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

2011 MID-MAJOR FRESHMEN ALL-AMERICA TEAM
    De'mon Brooks, 6-7, Davidson
    Travis Bader, 6-4, Oakland
    Jordan Dykstra, 6-8, South Dakota State
    Jeromie Hill, 6-8, Texas-San Antonio
    Juwan Howard, Jr., 6-6, Western Michigan
    Troy Huff, 6-4, South Dakota
    Anthony Ireland, 5-10, Loyola Marymount
    Lawrence Johnson-Danner, 6-4, Texas Southern
    Frantz Massenat, 6-4, Drexel
    Javon McCrea, 6-6, Buffalo
    Jake Odum, 6-4, Indiana State
    Josh Ritchart, 6-9, UC Davis
    Evan Roquemore, 6-3, Santa Clara
    Steven Roundtree, 6-8, Oral Roberts
    Augustine Rubit, 6-6, South Alabama
    Dartaye Ruffin, 6-8, Drexel
    Devon Saddler, 6-2, Delaware
    Danny Stewart, 6-7, Rider
    Trey Sumler, 6-2, Western Carolina
    Trent Wiedeman, 6-8,College of Charleston
    Trey Zeigler, 6-5, Central Michigan

?? Doesnt he play for UND? Also Taylor braun should have made this list.
    National Champions: '65 '68 '69 '83 '85 '86 '88 '90 '11 '12 '13 '14 '15 '17 '18 '19 '21