Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chemistry thoughts....

Default Chemistry thoughts....

From the barstool, it seems like this team has better chemistry then the last 2 or 3 years and I wanted to read what others thoughts are on the topic. I like seeing guys like Dante Perez who probably will be #4 at QB, but is lining up at WR and WILL contribute this year even if it's to be a decoy for some new twists to the offense. Also, Voitlander as Punter...again, how cool to see a guy that is going to be a #4 option at his "preferred" position suck it up and contribute?

I think we are seeing a team of guys that are having fun again and me thinks that'll translate into a team that plays "faster" and looser in years past allowing them to come out better in games.

What are some signs you folks see of chemistry...good and bad?

Default Re: Chemistry thoughts....

It seems like they have that swagger that had been missing since 07...
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    Meh. The swagger rating on Madden only contributes to likelyhood of touchdown celebrations.

Quote Originally Posted by BadlandsBison View Post
    Meh. The swagger rating on Madden only contributes to likelyhood of touchdown celebrations.
    Either way, I like where this is headed.
    Official Bisonville Sponsor of:
    DJKyRo-brand® self-deprecating humor; Bird law; Pureyor of spicy foods; Epic UN_ predictions
    DJKyRo's all-time GDT record: 10-8
    Don't follow me on Twitter @kroth37!

Let's see what Vigen can do.....I hope like hell there is some chemistry with that OC.

Vigen is is like the science professer from the muppets...

You never really know but I can guarantee you the jr and sr class has been through a lot of highs and lows together. Going 3-8 and being as good as last year is quite a swing. That builds character and they know what it takes to be successful. They know that a few plays is the difference between winning and losing. They know they have to improve. Any real competitor can't be happy with the last game and its got to fuel them. I bet they want to recapture the espn highlights and get the helmet back on Scott Van Pelt.

I bet the freshman class has a lot of pride too. You take a group of young men and they come in together, work hard, and watch their peers have success as freshman has to be a good feeling. I'm sure they want to go down as the best recruiting class in Bison history.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    What makes you say that?

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Chemistry can be a year to year thing. You look to the team leadership (somewhat different each year) and the indicator to chemistry.

The year that Roehl and Wurtz were seniors, we were pointed in the right direction too, but the chemistry was destoyed with the off the field stuff and some overall problems with team leadership. Was it the coaching, seniors? I'm not sure.

Last year, with Gratzek, Anderson, Arndt, and Smith . . . this team was in good hands. Who will be those vocal senior leaders this year to lead when times get tough, to lead by example?

DJ, Evan, Boyer, Eaves, Cornick, Holloway, Richards . . . we will see who steps up to lead. You can bet that DJ and Boyer will be in that group of captains. This is where overall team chemistry is being formed for 2011.

Which comes first, the success or the chemistry?
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.