Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Gas prices...wtf

Default Gas prices...wtf

$3.89 in cities. $3.69 in Fargo. What a joke, where are the protests ??

Plenty of supply, there's 50-100 gas trucks in west Fargo distribution center at every moment. Those OPEC guys needs to be.confronted...when will this end??

Default Re: Gas prices...wtf

Quote Originally Posted by lakesbison View Post

Plenty of supply, there's 50-100 gas trucks in west Fargo distribution center at every moment. Those OPEC guys needs to be.confronted...when will this end??
    Responding to the bolded portion (sans the misplaced (??) period) the problem does not lie with "OPEC guys", it lies with uncontrolled, leveraged positions by speculators. So, I guess the "Opec guys" are on Wall Street.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by lakesbison View Post

Drive less.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

BigBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Yeah this summer is going to suck! But I just did get a car that gets 29mpgs. But the thing that sucks is that I see no reason for the higher prices. The world was using the same amount of oil as it was 3months ago.

You should see gas prices in Toronto. There's a pair of wire cutters next to each cashier's counter at gas stations so you can have the option of cutting off your left or right nut in order to pay at the pump. 1.35 per liter (That's 5+ US bucks per gallon)

Thank God I don't have my car with me here, but I'm mad knowing that I may have to have a car in this place eventually anyway. Public transportation is as much of a robbery in this city as gas prices are.
    "Jfufhr dhuis msdjdi asdj."
    - Lou Holtz

This thread should have started with..."You know what really grinds my gears?"

Quote Originally Posted by TheBisonator View Post
    You should see gas prices in Toronto. There's a pair of wire cutters next to each cashier's counter at gas stations so you can have the option of cutting off your left or right nut in order to pay at the pump. 1.35 per liter (That's 5+ US bucks per gallon)
    It's almost twice that in Europe, where they're at least attempting to price in the negative externalities of fossil fuels.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by aces1180 View Post
    This thread should have started with..."You know what really grinds my gears?"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkK0z2ALU_4

BRING BACK SNORTY

Peter Griffin is my idol......after deion sanders and snoop dogg

I'm just glad winter is over so my MPG is back over 40.

Yeah, I drive a Prius. Wanna fight about it? I know Tatanka's got my back.