Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chris Simdorn

Default Chris Simdorn

I was just out walking my dog in our development here in Phoenix. The house across the street just sold and I stopped to talk to one of the tradesmen (he appeared to be about 30) who was doing some work the house to get it ready for the new owner. He noticed my T shirt and said "North Dakota State Football", you don't see those shirts very often. My uncle played quaterback there back in the 80's !! I said who was that ? To which he replied, Chris Simdorn. I said, he was one hell of a quarterback, he won a couple of national championships and the Harlan Hill Trophy his senoir year. He asked me what the Harlan Hill trophy was ? I had to explain to him that it was the equivalant of the Hiesman Trophy for Division ll football. I could see by the look on his face when I told him that he was very suprised and impressed. Chris must be a very modest guy.

Default Re: Chris Simdorn

Quote Originally Posted by phxbison View Post
    I was just out walking my dog in our development here in Phoenix. The house across the street just sold and I stopped to talk to one of the tradesmen (he appeared to be about 30) who was doing some work the house to get it ready for the new owner. He noticed my T shirt and said "North Dakota State Football", you don't see those shirts very often. My uncle played quaterback there back in the 80's !! I said who was that ? To which he replied, Chris Simdorn. I said, he was one hell of a quarterback, he won a couple of national championships and the Harlan Hill Trophy his senoir year. He asked me what the Harlan Hill trophy was ? I had to explain to him that it was the equivalant of the Hiesman Trophy for Division ll football. I could see by the look on his face when I told him that he was very suprised and impressed. Chris must be a very modest guy.
    I thought Benny was the only Harlan Hill recipient?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Chris won it in 1990.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

CA has even posted a video of the acceptance speech.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Thanks for the info.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Thanks.
    I guess I always see Benny in my Mind when he got his and didnt realize that Chris earned one also.

BisManBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by phxbison View Post
    As luck would have it, I was going to college when Simdorn was playing and ran into him on a few occasions. Certainly not a personal friend by any stretch of the imagination, but I can tell you without a doubt in my mind that Chris is one of the most modest guys with his credentials that I've ever met!
    The young in this country do not know enough to be prudent,
    and therefore they attempt the impossible - and achieve it generation after generation - Pearl S. Buck

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

That brings back memories. I was there at the banquet.

533 In a row