Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Oral Roberts blogger wants MVC

Default Oral Roberts blogger wants MVC

http://www.tulsaworld.com/blogs/spor...e_MVC/13-11161

CMON!! NDSU and ORU as a package, where do we sign?

Default Re: Oral Roberts blogger wants MVC

If you read the article, it would be Saint Louis as the other team, not NDSU...

Wink Re: Oral Roberts blogger wants MVC

that was my commentary aces...

would not shock me if ORU went to the MVC. there's been some speculation there for several seasons and they would fit well

I can't believe the MVC as a whole doesn't want to protect its football side in case of a split from the BCS crap.....ORU would be good for BBall but its onther non-FB school...and yes I understand they are a BBall conference but still
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    I can't believe the MVC as a whole doesn't want to protect its football side in case of a split from the BCS crap.....ORU would be good for BBall but its onther non-FB school...and yes I understand they are a BBall conference but still
    Protect it from what? What does that even mean?

The MVC isn't really even affiliated with football.

ORU doesn't have the $$$ to make that move.

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Meaning longer range . . . would UNI support NDSU moving to the MVC to keep NDSU from moving out of the MVFC. Or would UNI be more supportive of inviting non-football schools like ORU & St.Louis.

Could NDSU in 20?? try to move the WAC, MAC ?? if they felt this was an improvement over the Summit, and possibly a step up in football to FBS? Would any of the current MVC schools provide support to NDSU for moving to the MVC to prevent a move out of the MVFC.

That is the question posed. Obviously, you've already expressed your opinion. Hopefully most MVC football schools and fans would care about keeping NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    Meaning longer range . . . would UNI support NDSU moving to the MVC to keep NDSU from moving out of the MVFC. Or would UNI be more supportive of inviting non-football schools like ORU & St.Louis.

Could NDSU in 20?? try to move the WAC, MAC ?? if they felt this was an improvement over the Summit, and possibly a step up in football to FBS? Would any of the current MVC schools provide support to NDSU for moving to the MVC to prevent a move out of the MVFC.

That is the question posed. Obviously, you've already expressed your opinion. Hopefully most MVC football schools and fans would care about keeping NDSU.
    If the MVC isn't gonna want us for all sports (and I see no indication that this is even remotely the case, despite what all the UNI naysayers - And a lot of XDSU naysayers say), then would it just be better to try to get invited to an FBS conference eventually?? Cause I do not see the Summit as a 25-year home for Bison Athletics. I just don't see it. And I don't think Gene sees it as a viable long-term plan for the department either.
    "Jfufhr dhuis msdjdi asdj."
    - Lou Holtz

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post

No, they would not support that.