Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Oral Roberts blogger wants MVC

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Oral Roberts blogger wants MVC

Only 5 of 10 MVC members play in the MVFC, so you have to factor that in. The question is . . . how much does the MVC care about its MVFC affilicate members? Maybe not much, but you would think that UNI, SIU, ISU (2) and ILL St. would want to keep a strong MVFC.

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post
    If NDSU is such an insignificant conference member, why were they courted, vetted, and invited in? Did the MVFC feel sorry for NDSU because they were lost in Great West hell?

HERE'S YOUR STATEMENT: "Why would UNI or any other conference member care if NDSU left?"

MY RESPONSE: (for starters)

--NDSU finished 9th in both the final FCS Coaches Poll and the final 2010 Sports Network FCS rankings (both tops in the MVFC)

--NDSU has led the MVFC in per game attendace average for each of the 3 seasons (2008, 2009, and 2010) that they've been post season eligible.

--By going 4-3 vs. FBS teams since 2006, NDSU has played a huge part in bringing national attention to the MVFC.

THIS IS NOT MY STATEMENT: (paraphrased) NDSU is giving the MVFC an ultimatum about getting into the valley. Why are you more or less assigning that statement to me? ("Do you know how ridiculous that premise is?")

So, in conclusion, why WOULDN'T UNI or any other conference member care if NDSU left? Your no school would care statement is more appropriate to fall into your "ridiculous premise" theme.

I, for one, would be really pissed if for some reason UNI left the conference. NDSU's philosophy is too schedule as many tough teams as possible. Scheduling cupcakes pisses all of us off when those types of teams are the only ones available to play. It seems as though UNI's philosophy is the same. You, on the other hand, are coming across as an INDIVIDUAL who is scared shitless to have your Panthers play competitive games for fear of losing.

Keep squirmin'.
    NDSU got into the conference because WKU left for FBS, and the conference was left with 7 teams.

And yes, we are all terrified of NDSU being here in the first place, and the mere thought of losing NDSU.

JSUBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 06panther10 View Post
    NDSU got into the conference because WKU left for FBS, and the conference was left with 7 teams.

And yes, we are all terrified of NDSU being here in the first place, and the mere thought of losing NDSU.
    I thought NDSU got in because SDSU would only accept membership if the conference also invited NDSU?

Izzy, you are on a roll today. Outstanding! Too bad I can't give you back to back reps!!??!

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post
    If NDSU is such an insignificant conference member, why were they courted, vetted, and invited in? Did the MVFC feel sorry for NDSU because they were lost in Great West hell?

HERE'S YOUR STATEMENT: "Why would UNI or any other conference member care if NDSU left?"

MY RESPONSE: (for starters)

--NDSU finished 9th in both the final FCS Coaches Poll and the final 2010 Sports Network FCS rankings (both tops in the MVFC)

--NDSU has led the MVFC in per game attendace average for each of the 3 seasons (2008, 2009, and 2010) that they've been post season eligible.

--By going 4-3 vs. FBS teams since 2006, NDSU has played a huge part in bringing national attention to the MVFC.

THIS IS NOT MY STATEMENT: (paraphrased) NDSU is giving the MVFC an ultimatum about getting into the valley. Why are you more or less assigning that statement to me? ("Do you know how ridiculous that premise is?")

So, in conclusion, why WOULDN'T UNI or any other conference member care if NDSU left? Your no school would care statement is more appropriate to fall into your "ridiculous premise" theme.

I, for one, would be really pissed if for some reason UNI left the conference. NDSU's philosophy is too schedule as many tough teams as possible. Scheduling cupcakes pisses all of us off when those types of teams are the only ones available to play. It seems as though UNI's philosophy is the same. You, on the other hand, are coming across as an INDIVIDUAL who is scared shitless to have your Panthers play competitive games for fear of losing.

Keep squirmin'.
    Rock

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria." --- Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by 06panther10 View Post

There, now that wasn't so hard now was it*? Don't you feel so much better?

*Preemptive TWSS.