Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Help us forget about Steve Walker

Default Re: Help us forget about Steve Walker

the Competition Walker played against trumps any... Gophers twice, Ball State, Central Michigan, Cal Poly was great then, Sam Houston with Bomar was a great team.

Quote Originally Posted by lakesbison View Post
    Why would we forget about the BEST QB in NDSU HISTORY??...another stooopid joke of a thread, are you people bored??
    Did you read the bottom paragraph of the original thread lakes?

I'll forgive you for the plethora of weak threads that you've started over the years. Steve ranks in the top four or five quarterbacks in Bison history.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

Quote Originally Posted by CaBisonFan View Post
    Here's hoping that one of our quarterbacks will take control of the team this fall. I'm waiting for the next 'leader' to emerge.

So many pieces are in place to make the next few years really special. We need a 'gamer' with some genuine cockiness who 'wills' the Bison to win every weekend.

This is pretty common thing in football...but what I see in the MVFC and in the playoffs is that the team with the strongest leader at QB wins the battle. Move the sticks somehow...make it happen somehow...complete passes when they're needed badly...audible...don't stare down receivers...& bring confidence and enthusiasm to the huddle.

With that...our defense can pin back its ears and not have to spend most of the game on the field. We need a ball-control QB who can hit the big one once in a while.

No Steve...I'll never forget what you did at NDSU. You're one of the greats in Bison history...but it's time for the heir to the throne to emerge. It's the difference between a marginal playoff entry, a 3rd or 4th place finish in the conference...and a legitimate title contender both in the conference and nationally.
    Hard to forget him when you keep bringing him up.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Hard to forget him when you keep bringing him up.
    Hard to forget that you reminded me not to remind you...

Quote Originally Posted by lakesbison View Post
    Why would we forget about the BEST QB in NDSU HISTORY??

another stooopid joke of a thread, are you people bored??

Until we get a blue chip QB that walks in and starts 4 years and gets drafted, no one will touch steve walker as best QB in ndsu history, sorry.
    Bentrim, Simdorn....I didn't see much of Beachy or Feeney but I hear only good things
    Stu Whitney@stuwhitney4mSurprised Harvard missed out. MT @AllHailTank: Well I guess I got watt I wonted I will take my talents and higher my education at UND.
    LAKESBISON 3/4/2006-4/15/2011 Forever in our hearts

Former representative of 3rd Floor Johnson
    Current representative of 12 St. N Fargo

Quote Originally Posted by 344Johnson View Post
    Bentrim, Simdorn....I didn't see much of Beachy or Feeney but I hear only good things
    I can't remember his name...but there was a good one during the Erhardt era. Maybe not with the skill level of these guys...but a solid leader. No one will ever convince me that there have been better quarterbacks at SU than Simdorn or Bentrim. Different system...different style...but tremendous.

BigBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I think Jensen will be great this year, I can't wait. Also it wasn't all Walker(sure he was great) remember the guys he had backing him, Heckendorf, Rice, Steffes, Roehl, Safe, plus our O-Line was outstanding. Those were some great teams.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBison View Post
    I think Jensen will be great this year, I can't wait.
    He seems to have the physical part. I hope that you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by CaBisonFan View Post
    I can't remember his name...but there was a good one during the Erhardt era. Maybe not with the skill level of these guys...but a solid leader. No one will ever convince me that there have been better quarterbacks at SU than Simdorn or Bentrim.
    Bentrim 4 National Title Appearances or 3? The Pitch is one of the greatest plays I've ever seen. Simdorn, i've not seen as much of him, but from what my dad says, on an even footing with Benny.
    Stu Whitney@stuwhitney4mSurprised Harvard missed out. MT @AllHailTank: Well I guess I got watt I wonted I will take my talents and higher my education at UND.
    LAKESBISON 3/4/2006-4/15/2011 Forever in our hearts

Former representative of 3rd Floor Johnson
    Current representative of 12 St. N Fargo

Quote Originally Posted by 344Johnson View Post
    Bentrim 4 National Title Appearances or 3? The Pitch is one of the greatest plays I've ever seen. Simdorn, i've not seen as much of him, but from what my dad says, on an even footing with Benny.
    He played in 4 title games. The year that we lost to Troy State we were ahead and Bentrim got hurt. We lost on a last-second 50-something yard field goal. 3 titles and one near miss. Simmy was great too. A different kind of veer quarterback. Extremely athletic and tough as hell. Bentrim ran the veer with unbelievable precision. Not comparable really. Both were great.