Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lindberg or Alexander?

Default Lindberg or Alexander?

Let me start by saying this question is all in fun and there is no right or wrong answer? It's just meant to be a good conversation starter during the offseason. So, here it is?

Which freshmen will be the starting point next year...Lindberg or Alexander?

Since I asked it, I will be the first to answer. And remember, I have only seen highlights of these guys and read a few reports on them.

My choice is Lindberg and here's why?

The biggest thing lacking from this year's team was a tough hard-nosed leader at the point who made everyone else around him better. Based off everything that I have read about Lindberg, he fills that void. I know the knock is that he is not a tremendous scorer, but with the players returning, he doesn't need to be. There are a lot of guys on this team who can put the ball in the hoop.

At this point, Alexander appears to be more of a scoring combo guard growing into a point and doesn't seem to fit the team's need quite as well as Lindberg. However, I always like that option off the bench who can come in and knock down shots if need be. These two seem to have different games that will compliment each other well.

My guess is that they will probably be close to splitting minutes as well with maybe a few more in favor of Lindberg.

Also, as you may notice I am not including Lundberg and Zastrow in this discussion. They have been recruited over and it will take one of these new guys really struggling for either of them to see the court for more than a few minutes.

Default Re: Lindberg or Alexander?

The question for me is who will be the point come tourney time. I don't think it will be the same person as who starts the year. Lundberg will probably be the starting point with a freshmen getting worked in. Who knows maybe Zastrow really improves his game over the summer also.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    The question for me is who will be the point come tourney time. I don't think it will be the same person as who starts the year. Lundberg will probably be the starting point with a freshmen getting worked in. Who knows maybe Zastrow really improves his game over the summer also.
    I doubt it. Zastrow = Epic Fail. I've watched him for two years now and have seen him only get worse. I'm not putting any of my faith into Zastrow from this point on.
    "Jfufhr dhuis msdjdi asdj."
    - Lou Holtz

You build a championship team with depth. Having both Lindberg and Alexander on the roster is going to help winning that tuesday night game in Sioux Falls.

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by TheBisonator View Post
    I doubt it. Zastrow = Epic Fail. I've watched him for two years now and have seen him only get worse. I'm not putting any of my faith into Zastrow from this point on.
    You're not going to find a guy more dedicated to the program than Nate. Think about that before you start branding him an "epic fail." Sheesh.
    Official Bisonville Sponsor of:
    DJKyRo-brand® self-deprecating humor; Bird law; Pureyor of spicy foods; Epic UN_ predictions
    DJKyRo's all-time GDT record: 10-8
    Don't follow me on Twitter @kroth37!

Quote Originally Posted by DjKyRo View Post
    You're not going to find a guy more dedicated to the program than Nate. Think about that before you start branding him an "epic fail." Sheesh.
    I was more dedicated to my HS football team than almost any other player on my team. Yet I sucked on the field and rode the pine most of the time.

"Dedication" doesn't score points and grab rebounds.

BTW, I thought I had the right to express my opinion anyway without being shot down with Tommy guns by you, Kyro. I (like many other posters on BV) don't blindly drink the green and yellow kool-aid, and you (and others) should accept that.
    "Jfufhr dhuis msdjdi asdj."
    - Lou Holtz

Quote Originally Posted by TheBisonator View Post
    I was more dedicated to my HS football team than almost any other player on my team. Yet I sucked on the field and rode the pine most of the time.

"Dedication" doesn't score points and grab rebounds.

BTW, I thought I had the right to express my opinion anyway without being shot down with Tommy guns by you, Kyro. I (like many other posters on BV) don't blindly drink the green and yellow kool-aid, and you (and others) should accept that.
    I don't disagree you have the right to express an opinion, but to rip on a player that doesn't deserve it is pretty uncool. He's not exactly pulling a Dejuan Flowers out there and being a liability on and off the court and did have a few gutty performances in his career thus far. If your concern is wholly wins and losses, or as you put it, points and rebounds, then that's fine. But don't start getting down on a player who only has the team in mind like Nate (or anyone else for that matter).

If you wouldn't call the guy an epic fail to his face, you have no business posting it on this board, in summary. Don't post stupid shit and you won't get "shot down with tommy guns."

That said, do I think Nate is going to be an All-conference player anytime soon, or am I "blindly drinking the green and gold kool-aid" as you've asserted? No, he probably won't be. But do I think he can be a valuable role-player with his three-point shooting and ability to distribute the ball if he can cut down on the turnovers and become a more confident player? You bet I do. If you can't see the value of a role-player then maybe it's not everyone else who's blind, ya think?

Good luck with the whole cartoon thing.
    DJKyRo-brand® self-deprecating humor; Bird law; Pureyor of spicy foods; Epic UN_ predictions

Geesh. Cripple fight!

I still could see Taylor Braun running the point.

Braun
    Felt
    Wright
    Marshall
    Aaberg

That's my dream team for the tourney championship game!

Anyway, to answer the question posed: let's not get too ahead of ourselves before we anoint either of these guys as four-year starters. Whatever your knocks on the guards currently in the system, experience counts for an awful lot.

Without having seen too much on Alexander beyond what was shared today, I like Lindberg a lot. Can't underestimate a guy who's steady at the point, and if he can chip in a few buckets while effectively distributing the ball then you've got the lynchpin for an effective offense that already has four effective scorers in the paint and both wing spots as we've got in Bjorklund, Braun, Tray, and Felt. That's a lot of offense already, and what we seem to lack is the guy who sets them up; I think of Zastrow's behind-the-back dish to Goose two years ago that led to a two-handed dunk. A good passer can make everyone better, and if Lindberg is as good as advertised then the potential of some of our athletic scorers is downright scary.

I think both are great gets and fill the question of depth nicely, and with Hale added to the mix I like our team's makeup.

Quote Originally Posted by lakesbison View Post
    I still could see Taylor Braun running the point.

Braun
    Felt
    Wright
    Marshall
    Aaberg

That's my dream team for the tourney championship game!
    Without having a great take on Braun at the point, I will say I've seen Jordan around the past few weeks and he looks he's done some serious lifting. Some of those swats he had his freshman year will now be headed for the bleachers, I think. Also, he has a beard. You can't underestimate a post player with a beard.