Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pioneer Press POY- Estan Tyler

Default Pioneer Press POY- Estan Tyler

Minn Player of Year..... we sorta recruited him...

Estan Tyler cracked the St. Paul Johnson varsity lineup as a starting point guard when he was a freshman.

He hasn't left since.
    Last edited by tony; 03-23-2011 at 12:15 AM.

Default Re: Pioneer Press POY- Estan Tyler

Post links to articles maybe with the lead-in paragraph or a summary that you wrote yourself rather than entire articles.

Posting entire articles can get a guy sued.

Id LOVE to see pioneer press sue me, because I took it from another poster on another site

http://www.twincities.com/prep/ci_17...nclick_check=1

Quote Originally Posted by lakesbison View Post
    Id LOVE to see pioneer press sue me, because I took it from another poster on another site

http://www.twincities.com/prep/ci_17...nclick_check=1
    I believe they would sue bisonville not you. Cause there hosting content you posted. Kinda like how Viacom sued Youtube, not the youtube user who posted copyright violations.
    National Champions: '65 '68 '69 '83 '85 '86 '88 '90 '11 '12 '13 '14 '15 '17 '18 '19 '21

Wish ndsu went harder on this guy

Or SDSU.

Now we both get to see how he does against us at UMKC.

He may have been the player of the year according to this newspaper, but how good is he? If Saul thinks there is better guys out there, then why recruit him? If he went to UMKC, I would be willing to bet there are better guys out there. That means that not only did we not recruit him, but other schools didnt either. UMKC is pretty low on the food chain for recruiting.

Kermit is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Like it or not, Joel Lindberg was the first choice--and not just by our coaching staff. Some hoops experts with whom I have personally communicated, and who are very familiar with both players, believe that Lindberg was a better choice for the Bison than Estan Tyler. Other coaches seemed to agree, because Lindberg had more D-I scholarship opportunities.

Lindberg is probably not going to be a big scorer. However, he is the kind of point guard that can control a game. The word is that he is strong, tough, steady, and a leader. He makes players around him better.

We don't necessarily need a point guard that will score 20 ppg. We do need a guy that will control the game.

None of this is a slam on Estan Tyler. Everyone I've talked to thinks that he is good enough--but the consensus is that Lindberg is better.
    "Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."
    — John Wooden

Kermit is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I should add that at the time they were being recruited, the Bison did not have scholarships available for BOTH Lindberg and Tyler. Lindberg was perceived as the best fit, and he got the offer first. We were fortunate this time to have the FIRST CHOICE accept the offer. The way the season worked out, and with the subsequent departure of Taylor Baxter, it may have been possible to bring in both of these kids--but by the time another scholarship opened up, Tyler had signed with UMKC.

The Bison are now recruiting other guards. If we land a player like, for example, Wes Washpun (lots of tough competition for him), I don't think there will be many regrets that we missed out on Tyler. There are some other interesting prospects out there.
    "Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."
    — John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    Like it or not, Joel Lindberg was the first choice--and not just by our coaching staff. Some hoops experts with whom I have personally communicated, and who are very familiar with both players, believe that Lindberg was a better choice for the Bison than Estan Tyler. Other coaches seemed to agree, because Lindberg had more D-I scholarship opportunities.

Lindberg is probably not going to be a big scorer. However, he is the kind of point guard that can control a game. The word is that he is strong, tough, steady, and a leader. He makes players around him better.

We don't necessarily need a point guard that will score 20 ppg. We do need a guy that will control the game.

None of this is a slam on Estan Tyler. Everyone I've talked to thinks that he is good enough--but the consensus is that Lindberg is better.
    Again I have no clue who these "hoops experts" are but have you seen that tyler kid play basketball? All I've been hearing all season long is we need a point guard point guard play is killing us blah blah blah well why wouldn't saul want to bring in 2 new ones? Obviously I am not a hoops expert but after whatching 10 minutes on youtube of estan I think I can safely conclude that kid is amazing and kasas city got a steal