Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Esley Transferring?

GOB1SON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Esley Transferring?

This is for 4M.

Sitting around with some family and friends from Bismarck/Mandan last night after the Century bball game and heard over the din in the Turf that Esley is seriously considering transferring.

Just a rumor, of course but isn't that what Bisonville is for?

FYI, the family and friends are pretty hooked up in BisMan. Coaches for Century and Mandan and they have kids playing ball in the state tourney this weekend. So there has to be a little bit of fire to make the smoke, so to speak.

Default Re: Esley Transferring?

WHAT!!! THIS IS NOT THE PLACE FOR RUMORS!!!!! KEEP IT TO YOURSELF BEFORE IT BECOMES FACT!!!!!

I hope you can detect the sarcasm.

Hall of Shame and ban!

Right after a big playoff run. That makes sense.

I don't know why he would want to transfer when he is going to be at least the second string QB next year. Mohler won't beat him out. If Jensen gets injured again or fails to improve Esley is the man.

Quote Originally Posted by GOB1SON View Post
    This is for 4M.

Sitting around with some family and friends from Bismarck/Mandan last night after the Century bball game and heard over the din in the Turf that Esley is seriously considering transferring.

Just a rumor, of course but isn't that what Bisonville is for?

FYI, the family and friends are pretty hooked up in BisMan. Coaches for Century and Mandan and they have kids playing ball in the state tourney this weekend. So there has to be a little bit of fire to make the smoke, so to speak.
    No, no it's not.
    Some say it's a backward place. Narrow minds on a narrow way, but I make it a point to say. That that's where I come from.

Notorious is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

This would be surprising, but certainly possible. He could go back to Bismarck and start for Mary College from day one...

With the potential talent at QB, there will likely be some shake-up this summer/fall...not all 5-6 of those guys are going to want to sit around holding a clipboard.

Hopefully he sticks around...he could be a 2-3 year starter one day.

"Bisonville Poster of the Year - 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012"

"Hustler Man of the Year - 2011 & 2012"

"1977 Pinewood Derby Champion - Southwestern North Dakota"

"Chub's Pub & 4-10 Club Hall of Fame - 2012

"Voted Biggest DICK on Bisonville"

This is UNTRUE, why would he?? If he shines this spring he could potentially take the spot at least #2 get real people
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

bisonhusker is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I saw him working with the wide receivers with Brock at the BSA last week. Those are two big boys at QB. Probably not the off season activity of a kid that is going to transfer. I think he is very solid and the coaching staff loves him.

99Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

It would be strange... sounds like hopeful bar talk from locals. I also don't get some people sitting around clipboard comment for anyone playing QB at this time.

We have zero proven QB's ahead of him as a QB coming in as a RFR. He has a extremely legit shot at starting for 4 years at this point and in worse case would be expected to be starter for 2 at this point.

Look at it... here's the obvious break down, we have:
    Perez (Sr) - Probably won't see field this year as QB being fourth string.
    Mohler (Jr) - Probably won't see field this year as QB being third string.
    Jensen (So) - Projected starter at this time, was hurt half of the season last year and showed potential but wasn't lights out by any means.
    Esley (Fr) - Projected 2nd string at this time, can challenge for starting spot.
    2 Redshirts coming for kids not on campus yet.

Why would Esley leave this opportunity... unless he felt he couldn't compete. Sounds like hopeful BS conversation to me.