Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Next Year

bisonhusker is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Next Year

Joel Lindberg had offers from Eastern Kentucky, SDSU, USD, UND, Toledo, Wofford (going to the dance again), San Diego, and Santa Clara. Strong interest from Boston College and UNI but no offers. This kid can really play.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonhusker View Post
    Joel Lindberg had offers from Eastern Kentucky, SDSU, USD, UND, Toledo, Wofford (going to the dance again), San Diego, and Santa Clara. Strong interest from Boston College and UNI but no offers. This kid can really play.
    If Lindberg is as good as advertised and picks up the offense right away (which I have no reason to believe he wouldn't) and Hale is as good as advertised, we could see a starting lineup of Lindberg, Hale, Braun, Wright, Bjorklund. That's a Freshman and 4 Sophomores for those keeping track!

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    If Lindberg is as good as advertised and picks up the offense right away (which I have no reason to believe he wouldn't) and Hale is as good as advertised, we could see a starting lineup of Lindberg, Hale, Braun, Wright, Bjorklund. That's a Freshman and 4 Sophomores for those keeping track!
    That's a good starting lineup for 3 straight years.
    "Jfufhr dhuis msdjdi asdj."
    - Lou Holtz

bisonhusker is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    I think that lineup will play alot over the next few years. Lindberg/Lundberg will fight it out at the PG spot. Hale/Felt will both play a ton next year...to me the starter doesn't really matter. I think Braun, Wright and Bjorklund are almost locks for the starting spots. Carlson needs to reinvent himself this summer. He needs to be a huge part of this team again. He really lost confidence. He has the ability. He needs to have a huge senior year.

Quote Originally Posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
    Just an idea:

Lindberg or Lundberg (I don't know who is who but whoever is the freshman will start---or if you sign a better PG)

Braun

Carlson

Wright

Bjorklund

Can Carlson play the 3?
    Sorry I meant can Carlson or Wright play the 3?

Quote Originally Posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
    Sorry I meant can Carlson or Wright play the 3?
    Tray can play some 3. Carlson cannot. He cannot defend a 3 or has not been able to prove he has a shot that anyone will respect. I think there is years of film on Carlson that every coach has a plan and they were effective in stopping him late this year. Good news, he has the ability. 32 points against KC proves he can do it. He must make that outside jumper to improve his low post game.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Every single player on oaklands squad is required to make at least 30,000 shots every off season...eric carlson drew lundberg taylor braun tray wright mike felt jordan aaburg andy nagal marshal bjorkland dylan hale demar lindberg...that is your competition...get to work

Lets speculate a little bit about the Summit next season.

Oakland: loses Benson, Hudson and Wright. Hamilton, Bass, Eackles, Valentine all back. Need a big man. They will still be good but not the clear favorite.

ORU: should prolly be the preseason favorite. 4 starters back along with Craion coming off of injury. Morrison, Craion, Bell-Holter, Roundtree, Niles. Theyre my #1 next year.

IUPUI: loses Nobles and Ashworth and a few more. Still have Young, Siakam, Thomas. They'll still be towards the top.

SDSU: should be up there. Jacks lose Sargent, Moss, not sure who else. But will have a solid starting 5 in Wolters, Callahan, Dykstra, Fiegen, and White/Heemstra. They'll be around 4/5.

IPFW: Lose Botts and a few more. Will have a solid nucleus with Mixon, Gaines, McCorkle and a few more back. Should be fighting with NDSU, SDSU for the 4-6 spots.

UMKC: Lose Cousinard and some more. Hamilton will be graduating. Oh wait, they gave him to Oakland I see them dropping off a little.

WIU: Have some talent but always underachieve a little. Clark will be back, we'll see how he responds coming off of his injury. Not sure if he will gain an extra year.

SUU: No idea. But I expect them to be in the cellar.

USD: Should be competitive.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickVic View Post
    Every single player on oaklands squad is required to make at least 30,000 shots every off season...eric carlson drew lundberg taylor braun tray wright mike felt jordan aaburg andy nagal marshal bjorkland dylan hale demar lindberg...that is your competition...get to work
    If you figure about 150 days over the summer and that works out to 200 made baskets a day. 58000 was made by one player(I wasn't paying attention) that is about 386 made baskets a day.

Interesting that they said that they had a machine that counts it and gives a print out. It would be interesting to implant a chip into a ball that each player uses that could give a idea where shots were taken and then if it was made. With technology now a days it should be able to be done. Now that would make some good data to crunch.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ming01 View Post
    Lets speculate a little bit about the Summit next season.

Oakland: loses Benson, Hudson and Wright. Hamilton, Bass, Eackles, Valentine all back. Need a big man. They will still be good but not the clear favorite.

ORU: should prolly be the preseason favorite. 4 starters back along with Craion coming off of injury. Morrison, Craion, Bell-Holter, Roundtree, Niles. Theyre my #1 next year.

IUPUI: loses Nobles and Ashworth and a few more. Still have Young, Siakam, Thomas. They'll still be towards the top.

SDSU: should be up there. Jacks lose Sargent, Moss, not sure who else. But will have a solid starting 5 in Wolters, Callahan, Dykstra, Fiegen, and White/Heemstra. They'll be around 4/5.

IPFW: Lose Botts and a few more. Will have a solid nucleus with Mixon, Gaines, McCorkle and a few more back. Should be fighting with NDSU, SDSU for the 4-6 spots.

UMKC: Lose Cousinard and some more. Hamilton will be graduating. Oh wait, they gave him to Oakland I see them dropping off a little.

WIU: Have some talent but always underachieve a little. Clark will be back, we'll see how he responds coming off of his injury. Not sure if he will gain an extra year.

SUU: No idea. But I expect them to be in the cellar.

USD: Should be competitive.
    My prediction as of right now for next year would be:

1. ORU
    2. IUPUI
    3. NDSU
    4. Oakland
    5. SDSU
    6. IPFW
    7. SUU
    8. UMKC
    9. USD
    10. WIU

I would like to put us ahead of IUPUI, but until we can stop Young we are going to struggle to beat them. I think Oakland will have a slight down year next year, but Kampe does a great job bringing in transfers and they'll be back on top very soon.
    Last edited by bisonfan08; 03-09-2011 at 02:22 PM. Reason: Forgot UMKC