Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Next Year

Default Re: Next Year

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    Great post, Hando. I have just one thing to add: if anyone is going to keep TrayVonn Wright out of the starting lineup next season he is going to have to be awfully good! I think the light switch came on for Tray. He needs to get stronger and he has other things to work on, but man, I am awfully excited to see him on the court next fall.

Marshall, Tray, Taylor, and Jordan Aaberg in the front court for 3 more years! Heck, Taylor could be in the backcourt, too--with Felt and Dylan Hale. We need to solidify PG and this team could be very special.

Go Bison!!
    I didn't get to see very many games this year, but isn't Braun a G or at least more of a perimeter player that can drive?

The first sign we're making next year on a sheet of 6'x4 plywood:

(I know, some awful photoshop work but I'm trying to be discreet in class whilst doing this)
    Official Bisonville Sponsor of:
    DJKyRo-brand® self-deprecating humor; Bird law; Pureyor of spicy foods; Epic UN_ predictions
    DJKyRo's all-time GDT record: 10-8
    Don't follow me on Twitter @kroth37!

bisonhusker is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Silk......Taylor Braun is the longterm Small Forward with guard handles. He has been our most effecive player at driving to the hoop. Great body control helps his ability to finish. Great athlete. Will only get better as his shot improves.

My depth chart for next year:

PG: Lundberg/Lindberg/Zastrow (last scholarship will also be going toward a guard spot). Wide open depth chart, will be fun to see how that plays out. Lindberg will have a shot to be a longtime starter if he wins the battle. Lundberg will be solid not spectacular.

SG: Felt/Hale (interchangeable, very different players, but both have starter skills. Felt will kill you with accuracy, Hale is more of a driver/scorer. Position will be a strenght for the longterm. Both kids will have 3 years remainging.

SF: Taylor Braun, lock him down at this spot for years. Demar will play some SF as well. More of a 3/4 type kid.

PF: Tray Wright/Eric Carlson/Demar. Tray is quite simply too skilled to keep off the court. Eric needs to reinvent himself this off season and play with confidence. He MUST improve and be WILLING to take the outside jumper. He worked on it like crazy, but needs to have the confidence to pull the trigger. in my opinion, he is a critical piece as a senior leader next year.

C: Marshall Bjorklund. Best post presence we have had in a long time. Jordan Aaberg will also play a ton of minutes. Much more physical than last year. Nagel will also be in the mix. Amazing depth at a position that teams struggle to get players at in this conference/region.

I get amazing when you really look at it. We potentially could be starting a Freshman PG, and 4 sophomore's. You don't win in this league with THAT MUCH youth, so we will have to find a good mix. Kids must use this off season to get stronger and tougher. The talent is on the roster and this group will get it done.

Lindberg and another scholarship at the PG spot, Felt/Hale at the off guard, Taylor, Tray and Marshall/Aaberg....that group will play in the dance twice in my opinion.

We aren't at the point where we reload, but this crew has the chance to do some special things.

Kermit is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    I didn't get to see very many games this year, but isn't Braun a G or at least more of a perimeter player that can drive?
    I agree with Bisonhusker. Braun is a 2/3 with the versatility to play a little 4 or even 1. He became a 2 this season when Coleman got hurt before the Oregon trip. With the loss of Tveidt, the return of Felt, and the addition of Hale, I think we will need him more at the 2 next season.
    "Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."
    — John Wooden

Lundberg, Braun, Bjorklund, Hale, Wright to start next year.

Carlson, Felt, Aaberg, Zastrow and Wilson to be 2nd teamers.

Lindberg will challenge for 2nd team. Then you have Nagel and Newell.
    "Jfufhr dhuis msdjdi asdj."
    - Lou Holtz

Quote Originally Posted by TheBisonator View Post
    Lundberg, Braun, Bjorklund, Hale, Wright to start next year.

Carlson, Felt, Aaberg, Zastrow and Wilson to be 2nd teamers.

Lindberg will challenge for 2nd team. Then you have Nagel and Newell.
    Lindberg will challenge for first team.
    Official Bisonville Sponsor of:
    DJKyRo-brand® self-deprecating humor; Bird law; Pureyor of spicy foods; Epic UN_ predictions
    DJKyRo's all-time GDT record: 10-8
    Don't follow me on Twitter @kroth37!

I find myself confused when I read these posts about next season. On the one hand everyone acknowledges that the biggest thing NDSU needs is a point guard...which I agree with. But in the next breath, some of you are saying that Drew Lundberg will be the starting point guard next year and Joel Lindberg will battle for a spot on the second team. If this happens, nothing is going to change next year.

Folks, the whole future of this program over the next couple years rides on Lindberg and hopefully another point or combo guard making Lundberg and Zastrow obsolete. Neither of those two, as we saw this year, needs to be playing a major role.

If this program is going to take advantage of all the talent it has at the 2-5 spots, than there has to be an upgrade at the 1. Lindberg, Hale or possibly another player (with the last scholarship) needs to come in and be the starter from day one. If they are not and Lundberg is still the best option, than it's going to be another season of mediocrity.

Quote Originally Posted by fbmind View Post
    I find myself confused when I read these posts about next season. On the one hand everyone acknowledges that the biggest thing NDSU needs is a point guard...which I agree with. But in the next breath, some of you are saying that Drew Lundberg will be the starting point guard next year and Joel Lindberg will battle for a spot on the second team. If this happens, nothing is going to change next year.

Folks, the whole future of this program over the next couple years rides on Lindberg and hopefully another point or combo guard making Lundberg and Zastrow obsolete. Neither of those two, as we saw this year, needs to be playing a major role.

If this program is going to take advantage of all the talent it has at the 2-5 spots, than there has to be an upgrade at the 1. Lindberg, Hale or possibly another player (with the last scholarship) needs to come in and be the starter from day one. If they are not and Lundberg is still the best option, than it's going to be another season of mediocrity.
    I think we need an athletic guard that can create his own shot whether he plays the one of the two. IMO, Dylan Hale will be that guy regardless of who runs the point.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonhusker View Post
    Silk......Taylor Braun is the longterm Small Forward with guard handles. He has been our most effecive player at driving to the hoop. Great body control helps his ability to finish. Great athlete. Will only get better as his shot improves.

My depth chart for next year:

PG: Lundberg/Lindberg/Zastrow (last scholarship will also be going toward a guard spot). Wide open depth chart, will be fun to see how that plays out. Lindberg will have a shot to be a longtime starter if he wins the battle. Lundberg will be solid not spectacular.

SG: Felt/Hale (interchangeable, very different players, but both have starter skills. Felt will kill you with accuracy, Hale is more of a driver/scorer. Position will be a strenght for the longterm. Both kids will have 3 years remainging.

SF: Taylor Braun, lock him down at this spot for years. Demar will play some SF as well. More of a 3/4 type kid.

PF: Tray Wright/Eric Carlson/Demar. Tray is quite simply too skilled to keep off the court. Eric needs to reinvent himself this off season and play with confidence. He MUST improve and be WILLING to take the outside jumper. He worked on it like crazy, but needs to have the confidence to pull the trigger. in my opinion, he is a critical piece as a senior leader next year.

C: Marshall Bjorklund. Best post presence we have had in a long time. Jordan Aaberg will also play a ton of minutes. Much more physical than last year. Nagel will also be in the mix. Amazing depth at a position that teams struggle to get players at in this conference/region.

I get amazing when you really look at it. We potentially could be starting a Freshman PG, and 4 sophomore's. You don't win in this league with THAT MUCH youth, so we will have to find a good mix. Kids must use this off season to get stronger and tougher. The talent is on the roster and this group will get it done.

Lindberg and another scholarship at the PG spot, Felt/Hale at the off guard, Taylor, Tray and Marshall/Aaberg....that group will play in the dance twice in my opinion.

We aren't at the point where we reload, but this crew has the chance to do some special things.

Just an idea:

Lindberg or Lundberg (I don't know who is who but whoever is the freshman will start---or if you sign a better PG)

Braun

Carlson

Wright

Bjorklund

Can Carlson play the 3?

Quote Originally Posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
    Just an idea:

Lindberg or Lundberg (I don't know who is who but whoever is the freshman will start---or if you sign a better PG)

Braun

Carlson

Wright

Bjorklund

Can Carlson play the 3?
    I think Carlson might come of the bench, he is a four. Hale might start, guy is very athletic...Many think he is the spark we need...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJxN7...ailpage#t=129s
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.