Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fargodome VP talks potential upgrades...

Default Fargodome VP talks potential upgrades...

http://www.inforum.com/event/article...45/group/News/

In addition, he was just on the Mike McFeely show on KFGO this afternoon. Said new turf is on the board's radar. He couldn't see it happening any earlier than fall 2012 though.

Also mentioned new lighting, resurfacing existing parking lots and potentially adding more parking on the west side. Sorry I didn't catch all the details of the interview...working while listening to the radio!

Default Re: Fargodome VP talks potential upgrades...

Thanks for the article. $30 million in the fund and that can't get the lighting updated? Interest from 6 months of that fund could easily pay for that greatly needed project. Use a whole years worth of interest and get new turf too.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

Resurfacing the parking lot? I'll park on dirt just upgrade the turf. I can't believe I am having Alerus envy.

The lighting upgrade project was in the city budget for 2010. I don't know what caused that to be delayed.

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    The lighting upgrade project was in the city budget for 2010. I don't know what caused that to be delayed.
    Obama! That's why!

/am I doing it right?
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

Quote Originally Posted by bisonmike2 View Post
    Obama! That's why!

/am I doing it right?
    If you're asking for "Obama money " then yes

What I'd like to see:

1. New turf for NDSU with a Bison logo on the 50 instead of the baby-diarrhea-yellow pinwheel and no you-can-see-it-from-space FARGODOME text.
    2. Architectural changes to improve acoustics.
    3. Better lighting. Current setup is going to turn us all into Morlocks... heck, I've seen folks leaving at 10pm shielding their eyes from the oppressive starlight.
    4. Urinal plaques expressing appreciation of services rendered by former Fargo representatives Grande and Carlson. ($0 - because, hell, I'll pay for them.)

What will probably happen:

1. 5000 sq ft. diaper changing station ($5 million)
    2. A Lawrence Welk Museum complete with animatronic orchestra. ($10 million)
    3. New prisoner-holding cells with improved interrogation room ($5 million)
    4. Matching set of UND-designed-and-built ED-209 enforcement droids ($10 million from FargoDome, $50 million from High Minister of Education Skarphol's Gifts-To-UND-In-Return-For-Dictatorial-Powers Program.)
    Last edited by tony; 03-03-2011 at 01:17 AM. Reason: Man, I need to proofread

more parking west side??? Better not bulldoze the rainforest

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    What I'd like to see:

1. New turf for NDSU with a Bison logo on the 50 instead of the baby-diarrhea-yellow pinwheel and no you-can-see-it-from-space FARGODOME text.
    2. Better sound, both system and archicteral acoustics.
    3. Better lighting.
    4. Urinal plaques expressing appreciation of services rendered by former Fargo representatives Grande and Carlson. ($0 - because, hell, I'll pay for them.)

What will probably happen:

1. 5000 sq ft. diaper changing station ($5 million)
    2. A Lawrence Welk Museum complete with animatronic orchestra. ($10 million)
    3. New prisoner-holding cells with improved interrogation room ($5 million)4. Matching set of UND-designed-and-built ED-209 enforcement droid ($10 million from FargoDome, $50 million from High Minister of Education Skarphol's Gifts-To-UND-In-Return-For-Dictatorial-Powers Program.)
    Ha-Ha-HA, made me laugh. Why not build a cage around the entire student section? This would probably get priorty over a new turf.
    Hey Barkeep, another round of the green stuff for me and my buddies!

I just took a look at the Google Maps satellite view of the rain forest. It looks like the image was snapped early on a Sunday afternoon after a home game sometime this season. There are still a few scattered cars waiting for their owners to sober up and come get them. That, and the Jagermeister sign you can read from orbit, is pretty funny.