Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: FCSRecruting Evaluates NDSU's 2011 class

Default Re: FCSRecruting Evaluates NDSU's 2011 class

When I watched the game film of Wentz....I thought to myself that this kid has all the tools to become a QB like we have never even come close to seeing at NDSU. I believe we got extremely lucky that he played only one season at QB, otherwise he would be on some Big 10 signing list right now. Is he a lock to be that good...no, but the upside and potential is there. Hell by the time he is a senior he will be 6'5" and probably 230 lbs and his arm strength is exceptional.....he can make all the throws and seems to be extremely accurate on the run. If we can put the skill players around him, I think he will leave NDSU will all the passing records. We have a lot of good young talent at the QB position, defenitely more than we have ever had and it will be interesting to see how it all shakes out over the next four years. I do include Jensen in that young talent pool and believe he will improve greatly from last year. One thing is for sure that who ever is starting at the QB position in about three years is going to be a damn good QB, because he will be the one who came out of Jensen, Thorton, Wentz and Stanaford. We could also possibly add the kid out of DL on that list next year.

Quote Originally Posted by THE HERD View Post
    When I watched the game film of Wentz....I thought to myself that this kid has all the tools to become a QB like we have never even come close to seeing at NDSU. I believe we got extremely lucky that he played only one season at QB, otherwise he would be on some Big 10 signing list right now. Is he a lock to be that good...no, but the upside and potential is there. Hell by the time he is a senior he will be 6'5" and probably 230 lbs and his arm strength is exceptional.....he can make all the throws and seems to be extremely accurate on the run. If we can put the skill players around him, I think he will leave NDSU will all the passing records. We have a lot of good young talent at the QB position, defenitely more than we have ever had and it will be interesting to see how it all shakes out over the next four years. I do include Jensen in that young talent pool and believe he will improve greatly from last year. One thing is for sure that who ever is starting at the QB position in about three years is going to be a damn good QB, because he will be the one who came out of Jensen, Thorton, Wentz and Stanaford. We could also possibly add the kid out of DL on that list next year.
    I'm glad someone else is seeing what I am seeing ! This kid is an amazing athlete and I am sticking with the prediction I made on 2-11-2011 " 2011 Recruiting Summary". Wentz is going to be AMAZING !!

I won't get my hopes up, but if he is that good, we better have a national title or two. Who cares about passing records. Winning the big game is what is important. (Favre vs. Montana; Marino vs. Brady; etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    I won't get my hopes up,
    The kid hasn't even graduated yet, don't be such a downer!

#5 FOREVER "NOTORIOUS"

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    I won't get my hopes up, but if he is that good, we better have a national title or two. Who cares about passing records. Winning the big game is what is important. (Favre vs. Montana; Marino vs. Brady; etc.)
    No s*** the big game is whats important........I'm just not stupid enough to start guaranteeing NC's, because of one player. Although if he does develop into the player I thnk he will be it won't be his fault if we don't bring home a NC. Thanks again for your statement Captain Obvious.

No s*** the big game is whats important........I'm just not stupid enough to start guaranteeing NC's, because of one player. Although if he does develop into the player I thnk he will be it won't be his fault if we don't bring home a NC. Thanks again for your statement Captain Obvious.
    I wasn't the one going off, on a kid who never played D1 football, setting passing records.....

You crack me up.

Quote Originally Posted by 4mcrue View Post
    The kid hasn't even graduated yet, don't be such a downer!
    I alluded to it before, but how are you going to deal with having a western ND man compete with your man Thorton? Are you conflicted?

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Well, I guess I am finally ready to agree with everyone on this site and that is I don't know squat about college football.

From the film I saw on Jones I predicted he would be a star and probably as soon as his second year after his redshirt. I obviously haven't got a clue in evaluating talent

Time will tell for all of us, Neil. I have a friend in Phoenix who has seen Jones play several times, and he says Jones is a stud, and my friend played at NDSU, so you would think he has some FB knowledge. For Wentz to be rated so high when he has played QB for only one year makes me wonder how much credibility we can really give this entire ranking. QB's are normally developed over many, many years, oftentimes starting in grade school as you very well know. Again, just makes me wonder!!??
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

I could be wrong but I believe Wentz played QB throughout his career with the exception of his Jr. year in which he broke his hand (if I remember correctly) and played WR that year. He just wasn't the starter until his Sr. year.