Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zach Odden-Lemar of Casselton

Default Zach Odden-Lemar of Casselton

Any idea if Bucky is looking at this kid? He is a good athlete, with a nice frame wrestling heavyweight. He won the class B title and beat the Class A champ this year as well.

I hope NDSU goes after him. He lost some key participation and recruiting time because of a transferring school issue so may have fell under the radar a little. If not wrestling, I also think he could help NDSU on the football field if the Bison football coaches beat Bucky to it, but I'm guessing his first love is wrestling.

http://www.wday.com/event/article/id.../group/Sports/

Default Re: Zach Odden-Lemar of Casselton

Yeah he's from Rugby originally. And I honestly don't see him playing football but he could wrestle I guess. Good wrestler.

BRING BACK SNORTY

He lost to Devin Olson of South Border in the 215 finals in '10. He "shyed" away from Olson this year and wrestled heavyweight. The route for heavyweights was a little easier, but still a great wrestler. His one loss was to the #1 wrestler in the nation at the Rumble on the Red tourney by a dec. of 5-2 I believe. I know NDSU has talked to him but I'm not sure if he has the grades to wrestle here though.

He definitely wont play football for NDSU.
    Last edited by Bison09; 02-22-2011 at 08:03 PM. Reason: Forgot to add.

Bison09 no he did not shy away from Olson from south border, he was out on the mat in the state dual tournament so he wasnt running, he wrestled hwt simply for the fact it was best for the team when they had (2) 215 pounders, so i wouldnt exactly call that shying away from anyone, as far as college goes i heard he is undesided into what he wants to do if its wrestling or football, even though i think it would have been great to watch him and olson go at it.

He beat the class A heavyweight 2x I believe. I heard the class A heavy weight A champ is going to ndsu. Would be cool if we got both heavyweight champs from ND
    Rule #76: No excuses, play like a champion!

Quote Originally Posted by EPBison View Post
    I heard the class A heavy weight A champ is going to ndsu.
    Really? I didn't know Andel was going to NDSU. On wrestling scholarship?

I think Odden-Lemar could be a walk on in football and put on some serious muscle weight. The way class B ND football is I believe he had to play interior line but could see him giving depth at LB and helping in special teams down the road. Wrestling definitely his sport from the little I've watched though.

Quote Originally Posted by HappygoLucky View Post
    Bison09 no he did not shy away from Olson from south border, he was out on the mat in the state dual tournament so he wasnt running, he wrestled hwt simply for the fact it was best for the team when they had (2) 215 pounders, so i wouldnt exactly call that shying away from anyone, as far as college goes i heard he is undesided into what he wants to do if its wrestling or football, even though i think it would have been great to watch him and olson go at it.
    I put ".." around shyed because those are everyone else's words. I personally know Zach and know he wouldn't "run" from anyone. Point was, most people thought he could make 215 so should have.

I was impressed with Joe Schumacher of Bismarck. Heard he was leaning toward Oregon State.
    Proud sponsor of SAMBINIS ATHLETICS TFA and SAMBOS TRACK CLUB

BisBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by sambini View Post
    I was impressed with Joe Schumacher of Bismarck. Heard he was leaning toward Oregon State.
    True that. ^^^^^ Why don't we have a pipeline from Bis to Bucky??? We used to get the Bismarck kids, don't know what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by BisBison View Post
    True that. ^^^^^ Why don't we have a pipeline from Bis to Bucky??? We used to get the Bismarck kids, don't know what happened.
    Tyler Johnson
    Trevor Johnson