Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: gobison.com improvements

Default gobison.com improvements

What improvements would you like to see? One thing annoys the hell out of me and I've addressed it with the media folks. How in the hell can they put out a video conference where you can not hear the reporter asking a question. All you can hear is Bohl's answer? Seriously, WTF?

Default Re: gobison.com improvements

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    What improvements would you like to see? One thing annoys the hell out of me and I've addressed it with the media folks. How in the hell can they put out a video conference where you can not hear the reporter asking a question. All you can hear is Bohl's answer? Seriously, WTF?
    Actually it is comical.........the answer is simple........they don't know WTF they are doing. Funny how many at Bisonville think the media is so great for the Bison. I say compared to what?

MN_BISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

It would be nice if I could stream video on my iPhone from gobison.com. I see they are using MS Silverlight now but as far as I can tell that doesn't work on the iPhone. I thought that was what youtube uses too and I can stream that so I really don't get it; of course I'm sure there is much more to it than I would ever know. I'm sure some of you who know much more about this and if there is something I can do to make it work, let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    I think the problem is that Bohl is talking into the only live mic and since it is a big room it is hard for the one mic to pick up all the sound.

I guess the one improvement I'd like to see is a mobile website.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

JSUBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I'd like to be able to watch clips and games on all-access without being bombarded by commercials. It's a pay service for f-sake, I shouldn't have to put up with that.

And the last time I used it was during the UMKC game, (which was a laggy mess but that's another story) the commercials were for hockey. Way to know your demographic.

I've noticed Puffy does a pretty good job with his podcasts of the pressers. He ups the volume when Bohl is being asked a question so you can somewhat make it out.
    "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter1 View Post
    How about a F#$%ing Media guide for football that is newer than 2009? This is embarrassing.

I got so frustrated I canceled my subscription which is paid up until September of 2011 but I lost access the second I canceled. $79.99 for just four months of service with no credit for the unused balance.

Do the guys that put this stuff on all access even check the quality before slapping it on there? Not being able to hear the questions is something that should never happen. Hell, my camcorder has better mike capability than the media room at NDSU. You should be able to pick up a gnat fart in the media room with the amount of cash that NDSU dumped into the football offices.

I noticed that Youngstown State has all of their player bios updated to reflect the 2010 season. NDSU will be lucky to get this done by October.
    The mic is on the podium not on the cameras. If they were sensitive enough to pick up the reporters you wouldn't be able to make anything the people giving the presser are saying. That said it really shouldn't be that hard to either pass a mic around or to mic the entire room.
    "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

bison android app. Scores stats schedules recruit information etc.

Better statisticall breakup, the stats are there but there in a giant text document.

How about making some links so its not a huge text wall.

Somewhere on the site where it includes every record against every team weve played in every sport, break it up by sports.

Do it from the earliest date they can find the information, assuming the university has yearbooks it shouldnt be to hard. I have a yearbook from the 20's and it has all the football scores in them.

Quote Originally Posted by Twentysix View Post
    bison android app. Scores stats schedules recruit information etc.

Better statisticall breakup, the stats are there but there in a giant text document.

How about making some links so its not a huge text wall.

Somewhere on the site where it includes every record against every team weve played in every sport, break it up by sports.

Do it from the earliest date they can find the information, assuming the university has yearbooks it shouldnt be to hard. I have a yearbook from the 20's and it has all the football scores in them.
    Bring back George Ellis!!!
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Bring back George Ellis!!!
    i think we can leave that Luddite in the pasture.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."