Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: State BB tourney

Notorious is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: State BB tourney

Horrible basketball, but kind of fun to watch...poor fundamentals, poor coaching, poor situational basketball, etc. It was like watching girls basketball where all the girls were tall and had short hair.

It would be interesting to see what would happen if the teams practiced during the year, or were actually coached...

Oh????..they were..........????

"Bisonville Poster of the Year - 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012"

"Hustler Man of the Year - 2011 & 2012"

"1977 Pinewood Derby Champion - Southwestern North Dakota"

"Chub's Pub & 4-10 Club Hall of Fame - 2012

"Voted Biggest DICK on Bisonville"

Hope you are watching. North Star is putting on a clinic for Dickinson Trinity. Beating them any way they want to play. Slow. Fast. It just don't matter. This is not bad basketball.

Notorious is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    Hope you are watching. North Star is putting on a clinic for Dickinson Trinity. Beating them any way they want to play. Slow. Fast. It just don't matter. This is not bad basketball.
    Completely agree...they looked tough...and well coached.

"Bisonville Poster of the Year - 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012"

"Hustler Man of the Year - 2011 & 2012"

"1977 Pinewood Derby Champion - Southwestern North Dakota"

"Chub's Pub & 4-10 Club Hall of Fame - 2012

"Voted Biggest DICK on Bisonville"

Quote Originally Posted by Notorious View Post
    Completely agree...they looked tough...and well coached.
    Actually both teams played well. I don't want to trash Trinity. They just got overwhelmed.

Lindahl is very polished. I still think Hagler is a fantastic point guard. Just a Sophomore.

Facts is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    A big difference between Cavalier and New Town is that New Town sure doesn't appear to be very disciplined. How do you control a team that is so unpredictable? Even their coach seems to have no control over what they do.

Yes, I think Grafton CAN put the clamps on New Town. To do that, they have to avoid getting behind. If they get behind, they would be forced to open it up and they would probably get run out of the gym.

The stat that blows my mind is that Oak Grove missed 60 SHOTS last night and still only lost by 2.
    Nice call! Grafton 52- New town 34.

I was unable to see this game. Anybody got a quick recap?
    Go Bison.

DIBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Facts View Post
    Nice call! Grafton 52- New town 34.

I was unable to see this game. Anybody got a quick recap?
    Good you didn't see the game. NT had only 16 points at half. Two of the semifinal teams ended up with 34 and 43 points. I think three teams yesterday in the quarterfinals ended up in the 30's.

I disagree with some of you, it's been terrible basketball. North Star looks good but you have to consider the quality of the other teams in the state tourney. ND Class B basketball needs to step up a notch or two.

anybody see the dunk by preston smith of new town? first dunk in a decade by a class b team

This has a chance to be a good Final tonight. 10 years ago Cando played North Border in the title game. Cando had TWO Lindahl kids and had beaten North Border by 35 points in December and was unbeaten. North Border avenged the earlier loss. Grafton has a chance to do the same thing.

North Star is the total package. Lindahl can play inside or outside and he's smooth. Hagler is my favorite. A great point guard who can fill it up. He's long for a Class B guard and at 6-2 can overpower smaller defenders. The other guard (Grande) has shown the ability to score a lot of points if you focus too much on Lindahl and Hagler. Swanson averaged nearly 20 points a game last year for Benson County. You can't beat them with a press because they have too many guys that can handle the ball. They also defend well.

Sounds like Grafton has no chance?

Not so fast. They are more physical than North Star. They play excellent defense. They showed last night that they can play patient on offense. Lindahl is not a strong physical player. He shouldn't be able to hurt Grafton real bad inside if they body him hard. He's not fundamentally solid on the boards. He relies on his size and doesn't always get good position.

I'd bet on North Star but they need to play well. That is infinitely harder in the final game of the season with everything on the line.

** Seriously, the team that should feel the worst about the tournament is Oak Grove. After watching New Town get punked by Grafton last night, I'm at a loss to figure out how in the heck they got by Oak Grove. I genuinely feel bad for the Grovers. They got beat by a combination of factors that wouldn't happen again if they played New Town 100 more times.

Quote Originally Posted by ming01 View Post
    anybody see the dunk by preston smith of new town? first dunk in a decade by a class b team
    I'm guessing you never watched the tourney last year when Cavalier's Brandon Chrest (a TE walk on for the Bison) dunked at will.

Quote Originally Posted by ming01 View Post
    No...I seen the highlight of veegs throwin one down tho that was sick lol