Default Re: Taylor Braun

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    and his left
    Nope... do you watch basketball games?

All of them
    TRUST THE PROCESS

In defense of Tveidt, it is very difficult to take over games from the wing position. Wings play without the ball and require screens and good passes to score. Mike does a tremendous job trying lead his team to wins but normally in like all levels of basketball, the point guard is the one that needs to dominate down the stretch in close games by either scoring or setting up his team mates. Mike Tveidt will certainly go down in history as one of the top swing players to ever put on a Bison uniform.

As for the Winks/Braun comparison. The first thing you have to remember that along with being the second all time leading scorer with 1962 points he was the all time leading rebounder with 874 rebounds in his career. Winks was one tough dude in the paint yet could shoot the basketball with the best of them. Braun may be better off the dribble at this stage of his career but this is an oranges and apples comparison yet at this point.

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Yeah, sure, TB is a pretty good ball player, that is for sure. However, his mom is pretty darn cute and it is that fact alone that makes me a big Taylor Braun fan.

BTW, be nice. She reads this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    Yeah, sure, TB is a pretty good ball player, that is for sure. However, his mom is pretty darn cute and it is that fact alone that makes me a big Taylor Braun fan.

BTW, be nice. She reads this forum.
    i dont think anyone on here thinks braun is bad, some just think in comparison to winks theres still work to be done. i think that braun has the potential to be as good.

I really don't see the comparison to begin with. Winks to me is more of a 3 or 4 kind of player while Bruan is a 2 or 3.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ProudBisonFan View Post
    i dont think anyone on here thinks braun is bad, some just think in comparison to winks theres still work to be done. i think that braun has the potential to be as good.
    I don't know why anyone is even comparing him to Winks in the first place. They are not the same type of player, Winks was an undersized PF type with the ability to shoot from outside, Braun is a SG/SF, he's a slasher and is very athletic on the offensive end. He is way quicker going to the rim than Winkleman ever was, but Braun will never develop the strength and post moves that Winkleman had. Braun is a great perimeter defender whereas Winks usually defended in the post. Other than height and the fact that both of them will be in the top 10 in scoring and the way Braun has been playing lately the top 10 in rebounding by time his career is over there is not much to compare.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    I don't know why anyone is even comparing him to Winks in the first place. They are not the same type of player, Winks was an undersized PF type with the ability to shoot from outside, Braun is a SG/SF, he's a slasher and is very athletic on the offensive end. He is way quicker going to the rim than Winkleman ever was, but Braun will never develop the strength and post moves that Winkleman had. Braun is a great perimeter defender whereas Winks usually defended in the post. Other than height and the fact that both of them will be in the top 10 in scoring and the way Braun has been playing lately the top 10 in rebounding by time his career is over there is not much to compare.
    What about height, career rebounds and career scoring??!!
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    What about height, career rebounds and career scoring??!!
    Compare away!

i think down the road, esp. if he gets stronger, braun can become a winkelman type player. a guy who can play in the frontcourt and backcourt. they are indeed a little different. braun is just a little more versatile/athletic. ill say if nelson and winkelman had a baby it would be braun