Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: FCS Attendance

Default Re: FCS Attendance

Quote Originally Posted by DjKyRo View Post
    Not to be "that guy," but don't we have a population center of a few million around 3 hours away in Minneapolis?
    Charlotte is 101 miles away from boone.

Minneapolis(3.2 million) 234 miles is more than double that. Using this theory we should also be drawing from sioux falls(240,000) 245 miles and winnipeg(700,000) 221 miles which are about identically the same distance from fargo.

Also St. Cloud (190,000) 153 miles. Grand forks (100,000) 80 miles. Bismarck (105,000) 197 miles. And fargo (200,000) 0 miles.

Thats a big population pool, if only it mattered at all lol, If we really could draw from all these citys we could have a damn NFL team. Thats almost 5 million people.
    Last edited by Twentysix; 02-14-2011 at 09:21 PM. Reason: added population.

Quote Originally Posted by DjKyRo View Post
    Not to be "that guy," but don't we have a population center of a few million around 3 hours away in Minneapolis?
    Yeah you do but they have a foot.....erm a University there that sponsers something that vaugely resembles a football team.
    Remember Hunters Safety-Treat Every Hunter as if He Were Loaded

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper 76 View Post
    Yeah you do but they have a foot.....erm a University there that sponsers something that vaugely resembles a football team.
    Rugby? ?

Quote Originally Posted by Twentysix View Post
    Charlotte is 101 miles away from boone.

Minneapolis(3.2 million) 234 miles is more than double that. Using this theory we should also be drawing from sioux falls(240,000) 245 miles and winnipeg(700,000) 221 miles which are about identically the same distance from fargo.

Also St. Cloud (190,000) 153 miles. Grand forks (100,000) 80 miles. Bismarck (105,000) 197 miles. And fargo (200,000) 0 miles.

Thats a big population pool, if only it mattered at all lol, If we really could draw from all these citys we could have a damn NFL team. Thats almost 5 million people.
    I think it boils down to winning. I remember those years where we had the students lined up for a mile. We also did something those years called... Ummm... What was it... OH YEAH, going 10-1 and being #1 in the polls for most of the year. I think this past year was hangover from the 3-8 season. Because I think attendance trends seem to always be about one calendar year behind how a football team is doing on the field. If we can go at least 7-4 next year, we'll be back to 17,000+ every game with a minimum 3,000 students.
    "Jfufhr dhuis msdjdi asdj."
    - Lou Holtz

Quote Originally Posted by TheBisonator View Post
    I think it boils down to winning. I remember those years where we had the students lined up for a mile. We also did something those years called... Ummm... What was it... OH YEAH, going 10-1 and being #1 in the polls for most of the year. I think this past year was hangover from the 3-8 season. Because I think attendance trends seem to always be about one calendar year behind how a football team is doing on the field. If we can go at least 7-4 next year, we'll be back to 17,000+ every game.
    Exactly. We win our first two home games, beat the Goofs, and then watch what happens attendance-wise.

BTW--isn't SDBison from Sioux Falls? Think about that! Do we really want to draw more of his type up here?!
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Exactly. We win our first two home games, beat the Goofs, and then watch what happens attendance-wise.

BTW--isn't SDBison from Sioux Falls? Think about that! Do we really want to draw more of his type up here?!
    Simple answer? Yes.