Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Vigen

Default Re: Vigen

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post
    While I don't disagree that the offense has been in a slide since Walker graduated, technically Vigen can only be blamed for the past two years, so "next" year with be his third year. Perles left after the 2008 season, Merten's first as QB. I am not a big fan of Vigen, but I don't think he can be blamed for more than his fair share.
    Vigen has been QB coach for a while........some issues there too!

heckler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

While I don't disagree that the offense has been in a slide since Walker graduated, technically Vigen can only be blamed for the past two years, so "next" year with be his third year. Perles left after the 2008 season, Merten's first as QB. I am not a big fan of Vigen, but I don't think he can be blamed for more than his fair share.
    I think his fair share is about 90%.

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

My opinion is the offense actually peaked right around the Gopher win and has been a constant slide since then. The rest of that year it was constantly playing from behind. I honestly don't think it is all the OC's fault. I think alot of it has to do with personnel also on offense, especially the lack of playmakers at the WR position. I think that while the QB's can share the blame, they definitely aren't the only ones in the equation.

I think Walker was just an exception to Bohl's norm QB. IMHO you could insert any other QB in for Walker and our passing offense would have been just as shaky then as it is now.

Really disappointed where our passing offense is, and QB play right now.

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I withhold judgement on Vigen until after this upcoming season.

Last year he had a young O-line and a young QB. Also our WR and TE other than Warren are average at best.

With the two freshman stud WR's and Jensen with a year under his belt I EXPECT the offense to be a little more wide open and actually score some points!

If the offense looks like this past season then it will be time to look for someone else.

There is now doubt that the strong finish saved Vigen's rear end this season....we will know soon enough if it deserved to be saved.

All I know is with Vigen as OC for NDSU the DC's job for an opponent just gets easier. The way NDSU wins is because of great defense or some player(s) stepping up with a great performance. Vigens' OC skills have never contributed significantly to a Bison victory. I also question his QB coaching skills since that area seems to struggle also.

I can't believe he didn't go.back to qbs.

Teams in mvfc love that he stays, they don't need to scout as hard, because they have all his.material already.
    Think about it, the big sky teams didn't , so we.looked fresh to them and beat them.

Gotta change it up, our offense is Missouri state game bad at times

When its all said and done Vigen will be the greatest offensive coordinator NDSU has ever had.

Quote Originally Posted by nortH dakotA View Post
    When its all said and done Vigen will be the greatest offensive coordinator NDSU has ever had.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.