Page 1 of 60 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: More stupidity from the state legislature....

Default More stupidity from the state legislature....

Two bills in the North Dakota Legislature take aim at the large number of out-of-state students in the North Dakota University System.

Rep. Mark Dosch, R-Bismarck, said taxpayers shouldn’t be asked to subsidize higher education for students from other states, and he’s sponsoring two bills that seek to fix that.

“A lot of people are becoming very frustrated with the number of out-of-state students that are coming into our system,” Dosch said. “In many cases, these out-of-state students are getting the same tuition rate that our in-state students are.”

Dosch has two proposals to address the issue, and his hope is legislators would adopt one of them.

House Bill 1445 would require colleges and universities to return to the general fund state dollars spent on nonresident students.

House Bill 1444 would require nonresident students to pay a minimum tuition amount covering the average cost of education.
    http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/306272/
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Default Re: More stupidity from the state legislature....

Great move... that is, if you want the average age of a North Dakotan to be 65 in 20 years.

Let's do this.

NDSU and UND would suffer. Every other school in the university system would close.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

my god, between this, the tailgate bill and the sioux nickname. its time for that whole place to go, what a FREAKIN JOKE>

Is every person in the ND legislature a Dumas?

hahahahaahaaa...i wish minnesota had north dakotas problems to worry about sometimes...

Next up....a proposal to build a wall around the entire state border of ND. That way you keep those sneaky bastards from SD, MN, Montana from coming into the state and stealing those precious oil jobs. Because we all know from there they'll just get on welfare and drain the state of it's budget surplus. Man I should totally move back to ND, I could definitely get elected to the state government.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

I would not have then came to NDSU and thus settled in Fargo then. Personally I can think of a few handfuls of friends that went to NDSU and UND that would probably not be in the Fargo area if this would have been the case. That would be great cut off one of your few lifelines to younger people moving into the state.

Wow, just wow.
    Official Bisonville Sponsor of:
    DJKyRo-brand® self-deprecating humor; Bird law; Pureyor of spicy foods; Epic UN_ predictions
    DJKyRo's all-time GDT record: 10-8
    Don't follow me on Twitter @kroth37!

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Great move... that is, if you want the average age of a North Dakotan to be 65 in 20 years.
    I thought it already was?
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!