Page 177 of 194 FirstFirst ... 77127167175176177178179187 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,770 of 1938

Thread: 2012 Recruiting

KTF is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2012 Recruiting

I know he got more than Hahn but if he got Lechler as well he is going to have some great guys to work with...

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    Probably not the #1 choice and probably more of a project, but you can't argue with our success in Nebraska and at 6-6, 260 he's a big dude with some big time upside. I have faith in Fuchs ability to develop these guys. Honorable mention all state. Smart dude. Honorable mention All-Class C-2 District 3 Football Team. Solid get.
    You gotta love O-Linemen from the Midwest, tall stong, farmer kids. There are reasons that most of the colleges in the Midwest have great running games. Welcome Sam, glad to have you aboard!!

Quote Originally Posted by Loud and Proud Bison fan View Post
    You gotta love O-Linemen from the Midwest, tall stong, farmer kids. There are reasons that most of the colleges in the Midwest have great running games. Welcome Sam, glad to have you aboard!!
    The more i read abuot him the more I like... good basketball player, shot put, discus, and had a few D2 offers and tried to walk on at Nebraska. Goes with the recent theme of getting athletes and developing them. Definately will redshirt. I would guess he's going to be a really big guard? he's listed 2 spots behind Birkachek as top nebraska tackles and a little bigger. Not sure if that means anything though.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

jarhead is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The first video I watched last February was Casey Jahn and I got excited about the 2012 class. We didn't sign him, but I think we did just fine. Don't know if we will sign Arp and Lechler
    but today has been huge. I really believe Jacob Davis and Brett Pierce will be absolute studs and I will be very surprised if Mr. Hahn doesn't turn out to be a 3 year starter for us as well.
    I'm going to bed, one of you kids will have to turn off the lights.

He was a kid I expected to hear from before signing day. Huge frame, good basketball player, will add a ton of weight in the mold of a Cornick who came in thin....and left..."Beefy." Nebraska kids grow up absolutely loving football and have proven to be great Bison. Another great get. It took a while for Fuchs to get "his kids" in his group, now he has them, and he knows what it takes to be great "Rams." Congrats to the staff.

Also, someone asked this earlier....who recruited Davis? I have to assume is was Coach Klieman who handles Kansas.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    He was a kid I expected to hear from before signing day. Huge frame, good basketball player, will add a ton of weight in the mold of a Cornick who came in thin....and left..."Beefy." Nebraska kids grow up absolutely loving football and have proven to be great Bison. Another great get. It took a while for Fuchs to get "his kids" in his group, now he has them, and he knows what it takes to be great "Rams." Congrats to the staff.

Also, someone asked this earlier....who recruited Davis? I have to assume is was Coach Klieman who handles Kansas.
    I think Cornick came in at 295lb. I didn't know that was thin? This kid is 35lbs lighter than Cornick was as a freshman. Lots of work to do in the weight room and at the dinner table. Not saying it can't be done.
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    I think Cornick came in at 295lb. I didn't know that was thin? This kid is 35lbs lighter than Cornick was as a freshman. Lots of work to do in the weight room and at the dinner table. Not saying it can't be done.
    Rather have an OL come in light with the frame to carry more than come in too heavy, have to lose the bad weight/baby weight, and then build him up again. Get him in a college S&C program and 260 will turn into 290+ pretty quick.
    "We will win games with talent, but we will win Championships with Character" - Jimbo Fisher - Florida St. H.C.

Hahn Solo.

Anyways, Lechler would be the cherry on top. I searched Lechler on twitter and SiouxSportsInsider said they were hearing Lechler to NDSU and Arp to UND

This was posted on twitter 20 min ago

@SiouxFootball Beach,ND OL Landon Lechler commits to the Bison. His coach Mike Zier tells me had his official visit last week & "loved" it -- AnderaMidcoSN (@AnderaMidcoSN)

Another twitter post...not sure what it means??

NDSU -- jackCICHY (@jackCICHY)