Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Saul's "Please believe me, this team is really good!" speech

Default Re: Saul's "Please believe me, this team is really good!" speech

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    How about 2nd year of being a legitimately eligible D1 basketball program?

I still don't understand why that escapes some fans here.

I also think the "we went to the big dance so any years of struggling is unacceptable" is utterly ridiculous, like we were somehow a major factor in D2 and then expected continued success in D1.

In 2.5 years of being tournament eligible in Division 1, we have already been arguably more successful than we ever were in Division 2.

But yea, let's just go ahead and continue to ignore that, being the ignorant moronic fans we know we can be.
    I think this sums it up perfectly. Was last year disappointing? Sure. Was it disastrous to the program? Hardly.
    Official Bisonville Sponsor of:
    DJKyRo-brand® self-deprecating humor; Bird law; Pureyor of spicy foods; Epic UN_ predictions
    DJKyRo's all-time GDT record: 10-8
    Don't follow me on Twitter @kroth37!

Honestly I think our trouble stems a lot from not having a good floor general at the point. This is way more noticeable on the road. Lundberg and Zastrow give us some nice depth but they dont have the it factor that a point needs.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBisonator View Post
    Seems like we accepted it on the whole last year. Played it off to Dance hangover, youth excuses, etc.
    We? You got a turd in your pocket? I accepted nothing on my hole last year.*

*.............last year.
    "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

From what I understand Lindberg is the real deal.
    Official Bisonville Sponsor of:
    DJKyRo-brand® self-deprecating humor; Bird law; Pureyor of spicy foods; Epic UN_ predictions
    DJKyRo's all-time GDT record: 10-8
    Don't follow me on Twitter @kroth37!

Kermit is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The Fab Four jump started a new D-I program--but they didn't do it alone. Remember, nobody else wanted those guys coming out of high school. We got a little lucky, but our coaches did a great job developing them, too.

Since the trip to the Dance, our recruiting has been on a different level. We now have a freshman class of Marshall Bjorklund, Trayvonn Wright, Taylor Braun, and Mike Felt. Jordan Aaberg and Dylan Hale will likely be part of that same class. Think about that! We have another good group coming in next year, and the program isn't going anywhere this time. We have a new building coming soon!

Everyone is disappointed with the last few road trips, but the team is NOT far from success. We would all like success to come faster, but it is coming. Even the Fab Four struggled on the road in the Summit League during their JUNIOR season.

Keep the faith. It is going to be a great ride. I have no doubt that we have the right men steering the ship.

Go Bison!!
    "Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."
    — John Wooden

North Side is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

It seems to be most Mid Major have about 3 years of rebuilding and then a great year. They cant reload with 5 start NBA prospects every year, it takes patients and development. I am just expecting to Dance every 3 years, not saying I wouldn't like to dance every year but I know that's not realistic.

First of all, Mid-Major programs, especially in the Dakota's are not going to lure high school basketball players that have NBA type bodies and athletic abilities to their schools. If that happens its a mistake by the thousands of scouts that make it their business to know these things.

Miles and now Saul have done an absolutely remarkable job building Bison Mens Basketball considering what they are up against on the recruiting trail.

To be successful at NDSU really requires a system more than it requires blue chip recruits coming in every year. The players NDSU are getting are more than adequate, they just need more experience in the system.

As Kermit says, even the Fab Four had trouble on the road. They learned how to win on the road when they cut down their turn overs and improved their team defense.

Bottom line is Saul has faith in this team and there is still time to get this team clicking. I'll bet on the coaching staff getting it done. They will be very tough by tournament time.

Welcome to Division 1 basketball folks. Patience my friends. Basketball is a marathon not a sprint. Some people could be eating some crow soon (Bisonator I'm looking at you).

sigh, we can all agree we've under-achieved last year and this year especially.

better turn it around, 1 month of this play and we'll be stuck in a #7, #8 seed.

Quote Originally Posted by ming01 View Post
    Welcome to Division 1 basketball folks. Patience my friends. Basketball is a marathon not a sprint. Some people could be eating some crow soon (Bisonator I'm looking at you).
    I don't think he'll be eating crow, but he might be eating some wings
    "We All From Africa"