Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hammer to KVLY

Default Re: Hammer to KVLY

Yeah, with doing UND play-by-play, I think it was pretty tough for him to keep up with Bison athletics.

Don't see the problem with this.

Wow he quits the Who play by play and now people "like" him? His love of UND will always be there, IMO this just means for buthockey and Who coverage on NBC.
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?!?!

HUSKER are you on crack?

HAMMER wont do SQUAT for NDSU, EVER PERIOD>

I COME BACK FROM VEGAS FOR THIS CRAP?? what a joke.. on the other hand, nice desperation attempt by KVLY>

or just plain LAZINESS, seriously, go out and find someone new, exciting, not this retread.

bisonhusker is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    Wow he quits the Who play by play and now people "like" him? His love of UND will always be there, IMO this just means for buthockey and Who coverage on NBC.
    Could be very true. Brian Shawn? Spelling? He left, and hew as very good for NDSU.

Hammer used to cover strongly NDSU athletics back in the day when Eddy had the upper hand. Nonetheless, Hammer would battle (I saw it personally) with Eddy to get to the FB players after a game. Like I told Eddy and Bob E. back in the days, "the only time you guys have ever been on Dakota Field is when one of you is holding a microphone and the other is looking for one". In other words, neither were ever committed completely to NDSU football. Hammer is a grinder, and my bet is that he does a pretty good job. Plus, he'll likely be checking out BV even more now, so he will have some good storylines to follow-up on.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    Do you have any proof that he "loves" UND? Is he an alum or does he have a Who tatoo on his ass? Hammer is a passionate sports fan and he is also a very hard worker and great guy. He just wants consistent work and he took it. No one ever has any proof that Hammer is this HUGE Sioux fan, just a lot of pointless name calling.

I like this move! He'll do a great job for us.
    They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time it works, every time.

OMG, You guys are going to make my head explode,

Castor troy, husker. heck even tony.

of course he is a sioux guy, that makes ALL 3 SPORTS GUYS ON TV in town UND.

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...ghlight=hammer < READ THRU THAT THREAD

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...ghlight=hammer << BETTER READ THAT TOO!!

someone's quote.
    "Another funny Hammer KFGO moment was the week that NDSU was going to play Wyoming and UND was playing Wisconsin LaCrosse. He grumbled some crap about Wyoming being a sub par FBS school trying to minimize a possible NDSU win and then switched to saying UND has a familiar face over at UW-L with a coach having ties to UND and saying that LaCrosse has a solid football program. What a joke."

Quote Originally Posted by Castor Troy View Post
    . No one ever has any proof that Hammer is this HUGE Sioux fan, just a lot of pointless name calling.

I like this move! He'll do a great job for us.
    I disagree and agree at the same time. Hammer had a pretty obvious pro-UND bias on his show and this extended to a clear bias against NDSU (even if it wasn't clear to him.)

If a mobster came up and said, "Nice dog. I'd hate to see something happen to it" I suppose a person could convince themself that the mobster was merely making an observation. A rational person, however, would easily detect the underlying threat. Similar deal with Hammer. While he never said, "Man, I am paid to promote UND and I am taking every possible chance to take a shot at NDSU," a rational person would have to be pretty oblivious to miss the bias in his commentary.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    I disagree and agree at the same time. Hammer has pretty consistently been an ass towards NDSU on his noon show (when he wasn't doing an interview.)

If a mobster came up and said, "Nice dog. I'd hate to see something happen to it" I suppose a person could convince themself that he is merely making an observation. A rational person, however, would easily detect the underlying threat. Same with Hammer. While he never said, "Man, I am paid to promote UND and so I am taking every possible chance to take a shot at NDSU," a rational person would have to be pretty oblivious to miss the bias in his commentary.
    Tony, that's just like "conservative" talk radio and "progressive" talk radio--of course a bias shows. Just look at as tho hammer is switching from one side to the other, and let the bias rear it's head again, just from the opposite point of view.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

MinotBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Talking Re: Hammer to KVLY

So maybe the big redhead will take Hammers place at his old station?