Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The Hall of Champs(NDSU teams that have won DI conference titles)

Default Re: The Hall of Champs(NDSU teams that have won DI conference titles)

Alright I added the Great West title, I looked at the media guide and it was counted as a conference title as well.

That said I do think this thread should get a sticky somewhere, I think it is good to remind people of our success and just how many sports at NDSU have been successful.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBisonator View Post
    The NDSU HoF seems to downplay it a little visually. maybe in the new HoF at the SHAC??
    Pretty sure this is the type of things they want to promote in the HOF at the newly renovated SHAC as they will have more space to do it. At least that's what I gathered on one of the articles where they mentioned it along with the Fargo Scheel's HOF display. I am sure prospects/recruits seeing this display (SHAC HOF) will put a bee in their ear that NDSU has had a lot of athletic success! Especially for some of the sports that don't get as much attention as the rest, until the last few years I didn't realize how good our Track and Field has been the last 20-30 years, you never heard about it except maybe when they won the NCAA championships and then they got buried on the back page of the paper?

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Alright I added the Great West title, I looked at the media guide and it was counted as a conference title as well.

That said I do think this thread should get a sticky somewhere, I think it is good to remind people of our success and just how many sports at NDSU have been successful.
    This.......................................

BRING BACK SNORTY

I was thinking of turning the Retired Game Threads into kind of reference.

Keep the great game threads, recruiting threads for each year, and whatever other threads people might want to go and look back at as a reference. This thread would probably make sense to include in that list.

In addition, I could add the list to Fan Guide I'm putting together.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Yeah, count it.

Also

Steel Bridge Champions

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steel_bridge_competition

Fixed it. You missed 1995

Quote Originally Posted by BadlandsBison View Post
    Fixed it. You missed 1995
    You both missed 2004, We have 6 titles. No other school even has 2.

Bison track racks up two more titles for NDSU in 2010-2011. We have now won 25 Summit League titles since joining the league.

The track teams have won 13 of those 25 Summit League titles and if you combine the Summit with the NCC...NDSU track and field has 84 conference titles all-time.

I could go on and on and raving about what the track teams have done, it is just crazy.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Bison track racks up two more titles for NDSU in 2010-2011. We have now won 25 Summit League titles since joining the league.

The track teams have won 13 of those 25 Summit League titles and if you combine the Summit with the NCC NDSU track and field has 84 conference titles all-time.

I could go on and on and raving about what the track teams have done.
    Jeez Louise, that's 25 conference titles in exactly 3 and 2/3 years of being a Summit member. (only the 2008 softball was NCAA tourney ineligible) If we somehow end up staying in the Summit for the rest of the decade, that number might easily break 100 total by 2020. DAMN!!!

Question: Has NDSU won the most Summit conference championships since 2008 or 2009?? Or has maybe Oakland or ORU won more??
    "Jfufhr dhuis msdjdi asdj."
    - Lou Holtz

Jeez Louise, that's 25 conference titles in exactly 3 and 2/3 years of being a Summit member. (only the 2008 softball was NCAA tourney ineligible) If we somehow end up staying in the Summit for the rest of the decade, that number might easily break 100 total by 2020. DAMN!!!

Question: Has NDSU won the most Summit conference championships since 2008 or 2009?? Or has maybe Oakland or ORU won more??
    I'm curious if in a team sport (basketball, vb, soccer, ect) if a tournament title counts (I know it's an accomplishment) but it appears that the list that has the NCC championships don't included tournament titles. For instance can Men's BB win 2 conference championships in one year?

JSUBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

ORU has probably won more, since they've won the Commisioner's Cup something like 4 years in a row. NDSU and SDSU have always placed high in the standings, not bad for a couple of new DI teams.