Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: The Hall of Champs(NDSU teams that have won DI conference titles)

Default Re: The Hall of Champs(NDSU teams that have won DI conference titles)

So in 7 years in the Summit being playoff eligible, NDSU has 41 conference championships, 11 conference tournament championships, and 3 national championship. I stand back and look at those numbers and am just amazed. I doubt anyone could have predicted this.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    So in 7 years in the Summit being playoff eligible, NDSU has 41 conference championships, 11 conference tournament championships, and 3 national championship. I stand back and look at those numbers and am just amazed. I doubt anyone could have predicted this.

Well put

Sent from somewhere using my Windows phone.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

Holy carp, tempus is fugiting! Can't believe it's been that long... er, actually, I think that NDSU has been in the Summit for six years not seven (2007-08 was the first year and 2013-14 is the current year

Still, I can't believe it's been that long.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBisonator View Post
    This thread is AWESOME. I admit to only looking at the DI stuff, but in any case, I think all this info should go up on a big mural somewhere near campus. The NDSU HoF seems to downplay it a little visually. maybe in the new HoF at the SHAC??

Even though it was DII, the thing that makes me happy is that every single sport in the athletic program won at least a few NCC championships.
    Got a little tear in my eye seeing this with the resurrection of this thread. RIP 'nator. Classic enthusiam for NDSU as always....

What Summit sport(s) has won a national championship?
    I'm coo-coo for Coco's puffs!

WWTFSMD?

Do not speak of that of about which we talk of not speaking... about.

Real men wear aprons. 2Be1Ask1

So the only sports without a conference title are Baseball, Men's Golf, Men's X-Country and Women's Basketball. I wonder which one will be the next to win one?

BYZEN is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Does this include the MVFC (football) and WWC (wrestling)? Impressive start to the transition!!!
    Last edited by BYZEN; 05-12-2014 at 09:42 PM.
    SDSU coach John Stiegelmeier on NDSU intro video: "This is not meant to be North Dakota State's home game."

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    So the only sports without a conference title are Baseball, Men's Golf, Men's X-Country and Women's Basketball. I wonder which one will be the next to win one?
    With respect to the other three, I really really hope it's women's basketball.
    I'm coo-coo for Coco's puffs!

WWTFSMD?

Do not speak of that of about which we talk of not speaking... about.

Real men wear aprons. 2Be1Ask1

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Baseball was so close last year...
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

I just looked at the first page of this thread to get the info. it shows conference titles starting in 2007. And yes I should have put Summit/MVFC when including national championships. There, corrections noted.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN