Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: If You Were Coach Of The Bison

Scooter1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default If You Were Coach Of The Bison

What would you do if you were given the keys to the NDSU football program?

Here's what I would do.

1. I hate to say it, but the very first thing I would do is hire a quarterbacks coach with a proven track record. We have 4 quarterbacks on the roster and two coming in and I don't want Vigen within 100 yards of these kids. Vigen, you are either demoted to the tight ends coach or gone. He's probably gone.

2. Thank my lucky stars that Scott Fuchs is on my staff. OK, there are about 12 guys coming back for next year. Scott has the off season to get Beckius, Anderson, Jerve, Jacobs, and Britt to be reliable options. That leaves RFR Schueller and Pomerenke one more year to mature in the program.

3. Hit the JC ranks HARD. NDSU has 13 kids that will be juniors next year (4 are only going to be JR because they had their red shirts pulled and 6 were transfers or walk ons) This recruiting class is an embarrassment. The recruits left from that class have contributed, but holy hell, most are gone. Because of this, the team needs a very good JC 6' + cornerback (in addition to Boyd) and a big 300 pound nosegard ala Summerfeild to take some of the pressure off of the youngsters on the DL and CB spots. AND, they need to be in school...now.. so they can be in spring ball.

4. The QB position is wide open in spring ball. Nobody is the front runner in this one. My new quarterbacks coach needs to evaluate.

5. Find a spot for Wes Hudson and keep him there. This kid has talent, develop it.

6. Get rid of Scott Miller. Just kidding. He deserved his award.

Default Re: If You Were Coach Of The Bison

Give the ball to DJ McNorton 60 times a game, Sigers 15. Game plan.
    Official Bisonville Sponsor of:
    DJKyRo-brand® self-deprecating humor; Bird law; Pureyor of spicy foods; Epic UN_ predictions
    DJKyRo's all-time GDT record: 10-8
    Don't follow me on Twitter @kroth37!

Polasek moves to QB coach

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter1 View Post
    3. Hit the JC ranks HARD. NDSU has 13 kids that will be juniors next year (4 are only going to be JR because they had their red shirts pulled and 6 were transfers or walk ons) This recruiting class is an embarrassment. The recruits left from that class have contributed, but holy hell, most are gone. Because of this, the team needs a very good JC 6' + cornerback (in addition to Boyd) and a big 300 pound nosegard ala Summerfeild to take some of the pressure off of the youngsters on the DL and CB spots. AND, they need to be in school...now.. so they can be in spring ball.
    If they aren't in school now, they won't be. Boyd is the only one that is and will be the only one, so you missed a golden opportunity here Scooter. Not so easy to be the head coach, is it

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter1 View Post
    What would you do if you were given the keys to the NDSU football program?
    I think my first act would be to hold a press conference to say our AD should be fired because, clearly, any AD who hires me to be coach must be incompetent. Might take questions from the press. Then I'd resign.

Notorious is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I'd hire Mangino as a consultant.

"Bisonville Poster of the Year - 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012"

"Hustler Man of the Year - 2011 & 2012"

"1977 Pinewood Derby Champion - Southwestern North Dakota"

"Chub's Pub & 4-10 Club Hall of Fame - 2012

"Voted Biggest DICK on Bisonville"

Quote Originally Posted by Notorious View Post
    I'd hire Mangino as a consultant.
    So he can eat the competition?
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post
    If they aren't in school now, they won't be. Boyd is the only one that is and will be the only one, so you missed a golden opportunity here Scooter. Not so easy to be the head coach, is it
    The next thing I would do is find 100 people to walk their large dogs past BisonNeil's house just to shit in his yard. That should teach him for being such a smart ass.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    I think my first act would be to hold a press conference to say our AD should be fired because, clearly, any AD who hires me to be coach must be incompetent. Might take questions from the press. Then I'd resign.
    Post of the day. That's funny.

Switch to the spread option offense. the WCO simply does not work with the kind of players we have, IMO. Implement the spread and hire a good OC/HC from a D2 school who has worked with the spread for a long time.

Other than dipping into the NDSCS well more often, I really don't know what else I would do. I have to think about it.
    "Jfufhr dhuis msdjdi asdj."
    - Lou Holtz