Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Taiwan Jones goes pro.

Default Re: Taiwan Jones goes pro.

Quote Originally Posted by steelbison View Post
    totally agree, I made this point before and I really don't understand why people on BV are so down on this kids. Just an great athlete and if he can keep healthy will do some damage in the NFL. You can't teach speed and explosiveness and this kid has it in spades. He also has good vision and reminded me of what I saw of Chris Johnson in college. Now if he's half that good he will have a fine career. I for one wish him the best of luck!
    Could it be...envy? I sure as hell wish we had 2 or 3 burners like that guy, who know what to do with their speed. Helluva back/football player if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by steelbison View Post
    totally agree, I made this point before and I really don't understand why people on BV are so down on this kids. Just an great athlete and if he can keep healthy will do some damage in the NFL. You can't teach speed and explosiveness and this kid has it in spades. He also has good vision and reminded me of what I saw of Chris Johnson in college. Now if he's half that good he will have a fine career. I for one wish him the best of luck!
    Because we weren't really talking about him until a couple EWU trolls came on here a week before the game and started talking him up. It's the same thing that was the root of the anti-DJ talk prior to last season. Just after DJ verballed, a friend/relative came on here and talked him up; basically saying he would be the best back we've ever seen at NDSU. That kind of talk got under a lot of skins, and it colored perceptions of DJ for more than a couple years.

Bisonville isn't against Jones because of his performance, we're against Jones because of a couple morons who talk trash on messageboards. It's good that we don't have anyone in our own fanbase that does the same thing to others. [/sarcasm]

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    Because we weren't really talking about him until a couple EWU trolls came on here a week before the game and started talking him up. It's the same thing that was the root of the anti-DJ talk prior to last season. Just after DJ verballed, a friend/relative came on here and talked him up; basically saying he would be the best back we've ever seen at NDSU. That kind of talk got under a lot of skins, and it colored perceptions of DJ for more than a couple years.

Bisonville isn't against Jones because of his performance, we're against Jones because of a couple morons who talk trash on messageboards. It's good that we don't have anyone in our own fanbase that does the same thing to others. [/sarcasm]
    It's unfortunate those morons are bison fans. We came over to discuss the game, strengths and weaknesses. TJ was definitely one of our strengths and an incredible player. Moronic bison fans discounted, belittled, and talked a lot of S. Forgive us for getting testy and defending our team and players. Game happens, lo and behold, TJ backs up everything that we had been saying? I believe that makes you the moron, moron. Essentially what you're saying, is that the majority or fair amount of posters on Bisonville are against him because they're bitter, and realize we were right. I can understand that. You'll get over it... someday.

Quote Originally Posted by Screamin_Eagle174 View Post
    It's unfortunate those morons are bison fans. We came over to discuss the game, strengths and weaknesses. TJ was definitely one of our strengths and an incredible player. Moronic bison fans discounted, belittled, and talked a lot of S. Forgive us for getting testy and defending our team and players. Game happens, lo and behold, TJ backs up everything that we had been saying? I believe that makes you the moron, moron. Essentially what you're saying, is that the majority or fair amount of posters on Bisonville are against him because they're bitter, and realize we were right. I can understand that. You'll get over it... someday.
    Yeah, and as I recall Jones got the snot knocked out of him by the Bison and he didn't return to the playoffs. Jones might be fast but when he takes NFL hits he won't last long........he will break like a twig.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Yeah, and as I recall Jones got the snot knocked out of him by the Bison and he didn't return to the playoffs. Jones might be fast but when he takes NFL hits he won't last long........he will break like a twig.
    Say what you will, but a 300lb dude standing on your foot while you're down will cause some damage no matter who you are. As I recall, he put up over 200 yards on your D... in one half. But yes, if he played in the NFL at the weight he WAS at (20lbs lighter), he probably would get hurt easily.

No first round pick for Taiwan I can't believe it!!!! With his crazy speed I for sure thought he was almost top ten material.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonPride72 View Post
    No first round pick for Taiwan I can't believe it!!!! With his crazy speed I for sure thought he was almost top ten material.
    If he was THAT fast he would've went to UND and been Number 1 overall.
    Stu Whitney@stuwhitney4mSurprised Harvard missed out. MT @AllHailTank: Well I guess I got watt I wonted I will take my talents and higher my education at UND.
    LAKESBISON 3/4/2006-4/15/2011 Forever in our hearts

Former representative of 3rd Floor Johnson
    Current representative of 12 St. N Fargo

Quote Originally Posted by 344Johnson View Post
    If he was THAT fast he would've went to UND and been Number 1 overall.
    Screaming Eagle went to EWU and is a Number 2.
    I'm coo-coo for Coco's puffs!

WWTFSMD?

Do not speak of that of about which we talk of not speaking... about.

Real men wear aprons. 2Be1Ask1

PFT projects him to Steelers in 2nd round.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    PFT projects him to Steelers in 2nd round.
    Steelers have more pressing needs. If we waste a pick on him I will be upset
    Stu Whitney@stuwhitney4mSurprised Harvard missed out. MT @AllHailTank: Well I guess I got watt I wonted I will take my talents and higher my education at UND.
    LAKESBISON 3/4/2006-4/15/2011 Forever in our hearts

Former representative of 3rd Floor Johnson
    Current representative of 12 St. N Fargo