Page 995 of 1013 FirstFirst ... 4958959459859939949959969971005 ... LastLast
Results 9,941 to 9,950 of 10122

Thread: Bill to keep Sioux nickname

Default Re: Bill to keep Sioux nickname

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    From a trademark standpoint, Mr. Shafer is right. If they stop using it, they lose the ability to control it. That means any person out there with a screen printing machine can start creating merchandise with the former UND logo. I don't know the specifics about the laws of trademark, but I do understand that premise. It's why the NFL does have to be diligent about other people using the term Super Bowl without their permission. Mr. Shafer did say they are looking for other ways they can "use" the logo to keep the trademark. I hope they are talking to trademark attorneys that have experience with this because I'm sure there are plenty of examples.
    All true. BUT, what they did here was all about DRAMA. They definitely didn't have to use the logos on shirts and hoodies and they certainly didn't have to allow them to be so "in your face". If they had to include a logo on clothing, a small embroidered logo on a polo shirt would suffice. It's a pretty good way to undermine the new nickname that you just adopted. Hmmm....

What a joke.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    From a trademark standpoint, Mr. Shafer is right. If they stop using it, they lose the ability to control it. That means any person out there with a screen printing machine can start creating merchandise with the former UND logo. I don't know the specifics about the laws of trademark, but I do understand that premise. It's why the NFL does have to be diligent about other people using the term Super Bowl without their permission. Mr. Shafer did say they are looking for other ways they can "use" the logo to keep the trademark. I hope they are talking to trademark attorneys that have experience with this because I'm sure there are plenty of examples.
    What I don't understand why it has to be clothing and not some nick nack. And they are behind the curve as usual---they have had plenty of time to figure out other ways they could use the logo and protect the trademark.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

coldspot is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

http://www.inforum.com/news/3952029-...ions-under-way

must have run out of Fighting Sioux apparel already.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonVet View Post
    What I don't understand why it has to be clothing and not some nick nack. And they are behind the curve as usual---they have had plenty of time to figure out other ways they could use the logo and protect the trademark.
    You could put it on anything to remain in compliance. So yeah, a small logo on socks or Xmass ornaments, golf balls would work.....The GBall is Ironic

The thing to keep in mind is the more they keep this alive the more it damages them......Its tooooo FFFunnnnyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    All true. BUT, what they did here was all about DRAMA. They definitely didn't have to use the logos on shirts and hoodies and they certainly didn't have to allow them to be so "in your face". If they had to include a logo on clothing, a small embroidered logo on a polo shirt would suffice. It's a pretty good way to undermine the new nickname that you just adopted. Hmmm....
    Nothing better than to keep the shit show going up there. Its the gift that keeps on giving.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by coldspot View Post
    http://www.inforum.com/news/3952029-...ions-under-way

must have run out of Fighting Sioux apparel already.
    The real bomb up there is played on turf
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    You could put it on anything to remain in compliance. So yeah, a small logo on socks or Xmass ornaments, golf balls would work.....The GBall is Ironic

The thing to keep in mind is the more they keep this alive the more it damages them......Its tooooo FFFunnnnyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Toilet paper.........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonguy View Post
    Toilet paper.........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I would buy that.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    I would buy that.
    And send it back via flushing with a message.