Page 506 of 1013 FirstFirst ... 64064564965045055065075085165566061006 ... LastLast
Results 5,051 to 5,060 of 10122

Thread: Bill to keep Sioux nickname

Default Re: Bill to keep Sioux nickname

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    @Baudit's post: One has to wonder if Faison & Kelley aren't looking at other positions.

Now that would really throw a wrench into the equation!!

Can u imagine the fallout if they both left within a year??!!
    I'm almost expecting it. As for the vote, I can't in good conscious vote for the repeal, but I also don't feel like voting against it. I can't set out to help destroy their athletics department(I've got too many friends and relatives that went to UND), but I don't feel a need to help them out of their own mess. As far as I'm concerned, if they want to save their athletic dept, they have to do it themselves. I'm just going to leave both the boxes blank and abstain.

To zooropa: I disagree with some of your statements about the SBoHE's handling of the situation(also Kelley's role). I like the windstorm + oak/willow analogy. Had the SBoHE fought the law they way you want them to from the get go, I think it would've been like a giant oak tree in a windstorm. It would've stood proudly and strong until it broke itself to pieces due to its lack of flexibility. The SBoHE seemed to choose the willow approach in this scenario and I think it was the right thing to do. The willow bent and swayed through the wind, but it survived the storm with no ill effects. The SBoHE can not take a stand that will result in its own destruction. I believe that openly fighting the law at the wrong time could've led to that outcome. I'm not convinced the danger is completely past, but I think we're close.

Quote Originally Posted by tatanka View Post
    i almost feel for the guy. Almost.

Kids, this is why due diligence is required before accepting any job position.

this.

+++++
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

http://www.kfan.com/player/?station=...l&mid=21807323

Barreiro from today with McFeeley.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    I'm almost expecting it. As for the vote, I can't in good conscious vote for the repeal, but I also don't feel like voting against it. I can't set out to help destroy their athletics department(I've got too many friends and relatives that went to UND), but I don't feel a need to help them out of their own mess. As far as I'm concerned, if they want to save their athletic dept, they have to do it themselves. I'm just going to leave both the boxes blank and abstain.
    I've decide to vote for the law.

This has gone on long enough. There is a critical mass of people in this state who want to destroy UND's athletic department. Let's get it over with. (It's been mildly entertaining at times, but I don't want to be listening to this sh#t five, tens years down the road.)

The death of athletics at UND will suck mightily, but they will survive, there is a heck ova more to a school than athletics (while relatively high profile it's actually quite measly in the true scheme of things).
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    Starts at about 25mins.

I guess Bump was on with McFeeley as well. Anybody have that link?
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    Starts at about 25mins.

I guess Bump was on with McFeeley as well. Anybody have that link?
    http://www.kfgo.com/uploads/dan_barreiro_02092012.mp3

I believe we also get to hear from flyin Frankie B. as well. Comic GOLD.

EDIT: Still looking for the clip with Frankie B calling in. McFeely mentioned it on Barreiro's show this afternoon but I can't find it.
    Last edited by Tatanka; 02-10-2012 at 01:03 AM.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

Facts is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Tatanka View Post
    http://www.kfgo.com/uploads/dan_barreiro_02092012.mp3

I believe we also get to hear from flyin Frankie B. as well. Comic GOLD.

EDIT: Still looking for the clip with Frankie B calling in. McFeely mentioned it on Barreiro's show this afternoon but I can't find it.
    To summarize the lunacy:
    the petitions are all about the people who gave und the name.
    This has nothing to do with hockey.
    Mcfeely's opinion doesn't matter because he's from mn.
    Go Bison.

I was waiting for Burgraff's comments, classic. I am voting to keep the nickname, I want them to go NAIA. They could bring back the DAC, Jamestown and Mayville are NAIA independent, DSU would pull out of the Pioneer b/c of travel cost issues, Trinity Bible College has a FB team now. .....

#5 FOREVER "NOTORIOUS"

abc123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by zooropa View Post

dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb.

You know what? They deserve to have their athletic department go up in flames. They just flat out deserve to be pushed around by the nickname nuts until there's nothing left but the logo and a "Phil Jackson Slept Here" sign on one of the dorms.
    I'm agreeing with Hammersmith on this one. Kelley is going against what the SBoHE has directed by claiming to follow Carlson's law. This gives the SBoHE a very straight line to show how the ND legislators overstepped their boundaries and gives a clear path to challenging the law. Or at least I'm hoping that is what is going on. Otherwise...

MN_BISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I see our buddy Sic from SS is now trying to pull NDSU into to their mess by suggesting the NCAA ban all post season play in the state of ND. Sic, why don't you explain it for your Bison friends over here, thanks.