Page 502 of 1013 FirstFirst ... 24024524925005015025035045125526021002 ... LastLast
Results 5,011 to 5,020 of 10122

Thread: Bill to keep Sioux nickname

Default Re: Bill to keep Sioux nickname

Quote Originally Posted by zooropa View Post
    There are worse things in life than losing money. And his equivocal stance hasn't earned him the respect of any of these boosters/donors in any case.

Kelley could simply say, "We will not use the Sioux logo, we are removing the logo and the word "Sioux" from all of our facilities, from all of our publications and from all of our websites. We will no longer have the university held hostage by this issue."

I note that the nickname law and the nickname amendment do not obligate UND to USE the nickname, they simply establish the nickname by fiat.

What would the legislature/nickname supporters do if UND flat refused, as a matter of policy, to use its legally designated nickname?
    They've anounced that the nickname is back but has anything actually changed in the last two days? I'm not on the ground there so I honestly don't know.

Are they going to change all the URL addresses back? Rebrand the broadcast and TV networks again? Have they resumed using it in athletic department news releases, game previews, recaps, etc.? Will they? Or will they just say that it's back but not actually change anything back?
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

zooropa is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    They've anounced that the nickname is back
    I wouldn't have done even that much.

This is an area where an astute president would make no public statement, and would reply to all inquiries thus: "The petition filing has made no change in the administration of the university."

If pressed, "We are always reviewing these issues, and will act as we see fit in accord with our commitment to furthering athletics at the University of North Dakota."

There are worse things in life than losing money. And his equivocal stance hasn't earned him the respect of any of these boosters/donors in any case.

Kelley could simply say, "We will not use the Sioux logo, we are removing the logo and the word "Sioux" from all of our facilities, from all of our publications and from all of our websites. We will no longer have the university held hostage by this issue."

I note that the nickname law and the nickname amendment do not obligate UND to USE the nickname, they simply establish the nickname by fiat.

What would the legislature/nickname supporters do if UND flat refused, as a matter of policy, to use its legally designated nickname?
    That's what should happen but unfortunately, in a little known ceremony, when one becomes the president of UND, their testicles are removed and placed at the grave site of Ralph as a sacrifice. You see, Kelly is incapable of standing up against the hockey goons because of it.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

This is an area where an astute president would make no public statement, and would reply to all inquiries thus: "The petition filing has made no change in the administration of the university."

If pressed, "We are always reviewing these issues, and will act as we see fit in accord with our commitment to furthering athletics at the University of North Dakota."
    An astute president would not taken the UND job. Now an a## toot president...

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    An astute president would not taken the UND job. Now an a## toot president...
    Thats good stuff. YOu must have too much time on your hands.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Notorious is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

These little beauties are now being sold on the und website, and at teh red pepper, and you are asked to wear "a pledge pin on your lapel" in support of the 16,000 signers, Al Carlson, Portly Rob, and the rest of the strong, dedicated souls willing to sacrifice everything for what is right.

In lieu of a pin, tying "a yellow ribbon 'round the old oak tree" is acceptable.

"Bisonville Poster of the Year - 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012"

"Hustler Man of the Year - 2011 & 2012"

"1977 Pinewood Derby Champion - Southwestern North Dakota"

"Chub's Pub & 4-10 Club Hall of Fame - 2012

"Voted Biggest DICK on Bisonville"

Notorious is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

BBR just sent me a photo from a "save the sioux" rally up in el forko grande this afternoon....they appear to be having a very mild winter up there.

"Bisonville Poster of the Year - 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012"

"Hustler Man of the Year - 2011 & 2012"

"1977 Pinewood Derby Champion - Southwestern North Dakota"

"Chub's Pub & 4-10 Club Hall of Fame - 2012

"Voted Biggest DICK on Bisonville"

Quote Originally Posted by Notorious View Post
    BBR just sent me a photo from a "save the sioux" rally up in el forko grande this afternoon....they appear to be having a very mild winter up there.

Yep, I see the dike in the background-->no I mean a real, earthen dike!!!!
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

I think his actions were designed to "poke the Tiger". Get the NCAA to issue a statement. Get the Big Sky to comment. Incite the SBoHE to act. Basically, to stir things up and get a reaction.

zooropa is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    I think his actions were designed to "poke the Tiger". Get the NCAA to issue a statement. Get the Big Sky to comment. Incite the SBoHE to act. Basically, to stir things up and get a reaction.
    I don't think you need to do that using the press.