Page 2 of 1013 FirstFirst 123412521025021002 ... LastLast

Thread: Bill to keep Sioux nickname

Default Re: Bill to keep Sioux nickname

Quote Originally Posted by BemidjiBison11 View Post
    You do realize that there are people on UND's campus who have been opposed to the nickname for years, even before the NCAA came into play? Not everyone in ND is in favor of the logo and nickname.
    Ask the Spirit Nation what they think, then get back to me.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Ask the Spirit Nation what they think, then get back to me.
    Like I said, not everyone wants the nickname...What about Standing Rock? Oh yeah, they didn't think it was important enough to vote on the subject.

I wrote this earlier...He may have a degree from NDSU, but he is not and will never be a Bison.
    Glad to see you have an open mind. I would be a co-sponsor on this bill. Does that eliminate me from being a Bison?

It is the utter, and willful subversion of democracy that I hate. While I can't stand UND, I am hoping the legislature helps them land a solid body punch to the NCAA whom I despise more.

Remember, these are the same morons who make NDSU go through a 5 years transition.....
    Fair enough...However, I think what people are forgetting (not you specifically), is that this will have to pass the House, Senate and get approval from the governor...It seems like this bill is symbolic in nature and will never make it past the committees IMO.

Like I said, not everyone wants the nickname...What about Standing Rock? Oh yeah, they didn't think it was important enough to vote on the subject.
    So, then UND must accept the vocal minority?

You know, I don't like that avatar you have, so you better change it. Now, you are going to do it, right? You have to. I told you you have to.

Fair enough...However, I think what people are forgetting (not you specifically), is that this will have to pass the House, Senate and get approval from the governor...It seems like this bill is symbolic in nature and will never make it past the committees IMO.
    Here, I clearly agree with you. Kind of like the real healthcare bill at the fed level, although this may have a better shot if the right deep pocketed folks get involved and a carefully crafted bill emerges.

Again, no doubt to have any chance, very careful language and crafting will be required.

By the way, this is great politics this guy. Name is in the news, getting lots of pub.....

In my opinion, it takes a lot of your credibility away.
    And I also want to restart the football game. So that make me even less credible?

By the way, who broke the news on this board that USD was for sure going Summit/MVFC at the last minute?

So, then UND must accept the vocal minority?

You know, I don't like that avatar you have, so you better change it. Now, you are going to do it, right? You have to. I told you you have to.
    Well, considering it affects their tribe directly, UND should have to follow the requirements set forth by the NCAA.

And my avatar is changed.

met1990 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

It is the utter, and willful subversion of democracy that I hate. While I can't stand UND, I am hoping the legislature helps them land a solid body punch to the NCAA whom I despise more.

Remember, these are the same morons who make NDSU go through a 5 years transition.....
    Not trying to pick a fight here, and I can see good points on both sides. However, one point people never mention is that no one is forcing NDSU, Und or any other school to be members of the NCAA. If you want to participate in the NCAA, you have to play by their rules, whether you like them or not (and I can think of a bunch I don't like).

And I also want to restart the football game. So that make me even less credible?

By the way, who broke the news on this board that USD was for sure going Summit/MVFC at the last minute?
    No, I agree that the game should be renewed.

And my comment was out of line...I apologize.

I just don't understand how a Bison fan would want to support UND in any way.