Page 134 of 1013 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135136144184234634 ... LastLast
Results 1,331 to 1,340 of 10122

Thread: Bill to keep Sioux nickname

Default Re: Bill to keep Sioux nickname

Quote Originally Posted by JMB View Post
    Personally I think it is unlikely that the NCAA would hold up transition because of the nickname. The reason I feel this way because the whole time the NCAA has made it clear the consequences of having "hostile and abusive" (their term not mine) nickname/mascot. I think if the NCAA were to suddenly up the ante on UND wouldn't be in the NCAA's best interest. I also feel it would probably also be a detriment to the NCAA if it ever went to court.
    The NCAA's application/self-eval report for wannabe D1 members is very extensive. So, while the nickname may not end up being the stated reason for rejecting it, the application/eval report just might end up being "scrutinized" much more carefully should UND not have the nickname/mascot issue resolved by that time. Know what I mean??!!
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    The NCAA's application/self-eval report for wannabe D1 members is very extensive. So, while the nickname may not end up being the stated reason for rejecting it, the application/eval report just might end up being "scrutinized" much more carefully should UND not have the nickname/mascot issue resolved by that time. Know what I mean??!!
    I've been told NDSU Administrators were "nervous" throughout this process and partied hard when they got their approval letter from the NCAA. That's with an almost flawless transition that had no strained relationship with the NCAA.

If people at NDSU didn't sleep well, I can't imagine they are sleeping well in Grand Forks.

NDSU isn't dominated by smug turtleneck donning pricks either.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Oh I agree that there is likely some additional blowback because of this mess, but I don't think that the NCAA will overtly stop the transition because of it. Now if the they do an evaluation and UND is borderline, I don't think the NCAA is going to give them the benefit of the doubt either.

By the way, it is possible this blowback is not only limited to UND, especially when it is fairly obvious that the administration of UND wants to comply and retire the name. The NCAA may consider this a "State of North Dakota" issue, and the other NCAA schools in North Dakota may be in the fallout zone. Once again, if this is the case it won't be anything obivious, but it is possible that in cases where the NCAA has to make judgement call, well it just didn't come out in favor of that North Dakota school.
    Last edited by JMB; 04-15-2011 at 07:55 PM. Reason: Can't type

tcbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I've got the solution for UND. They should replace their president and fire their AD...wait a minute they already tried that...nevermind.

Oh I agree that there is likely some additional blowback because of this mess, but I don't think that the NCAA will overtly stop the transition because of it. Now if the they do an evaluation and UND is borderline, I don't think the NCAA is going to give them the benefit of the doubt either.
    They may however tell UND to repeat the final provisional year.
    "Jfufhr dhuis msdjdi asdj."
    - Lou Holtz

Notorious is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by TheBisonator View Post
    They may however tell UND to repeat the final provisional year.
    Could you depict "this" in a cartoon drawing for effect please? But, dumb it down, so we can appreciate it

"Bisonville Poster of the Year - 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012"

"Hustler Man of the Year - 2011 & 2012"

"1977 Pinewood Derby Champion - Southwestern North Dakota"

"Chub's Pub & 4-10 Club Hall of Fame - 2012

"Voted Biggest DICK on Bisonville"

....By the way, it is possible this blowback is not only limited to UND, especially when it is fairly obvious that the administration of UND wants to comply and retire the name. The NCAA may consider this a "State of North Dakota" issue, and the other NCAA schools in North Dakota may be in the fallout zone. Once again, if this is the case it won't be anything obivious, but it is possible that in cases where the NCAA has to make judgement call, well it just didn't come out in favor of that North Dakota school.
    I was with you up until this part. I would hope to think that the NCAA realizes that, while it may be a State of North Dakota issue, the only school that should be "punished" is UND. UND is the only school in the state that is on the NCAA sanctions list and fighting them.
    I'm coo-coo for Coco's puffs!

WWTFSMD?

Do not speak of that of about which we talk of not speaking... about.

Real men wear aprons. 2Be1Ask1

134 pages on a school that is not our true rival? What would Lakes say?

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    134 pages on a school that is not our true rival? What would Lakes say?
    He can't say anything! He got the perma-ban today, lol.
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.